Tuesday 30 October 2012

Good to be Back

Well here I am again and hello to you all.  It seems ages since I last blogged.  I hope you have all been well. I've tried to keep up with your news and creations over the last few days and have noticed that a few of you lucky people have been to the craft exhibition in Glasgow over the weekend. hope you've still got some pennies in your purse.

We have the house back to ourselves now our guests have gone, but what a blast we had with them, my hubby and Stewart never stopped talking the whole of the time, Dale claims he hardly speaks two words at home. We had so many good laughs and lucky me, they brought gifts too. Dale is a sewer and at the moment is making quilting projects and made a beautiful bag for my knitting, I just love it, what do you think?
She couldn't have chosen a more apt material as strawberries are my favourite fruit.  I now have somewhere to keep my larger projects and it looks so good sitting by the side of my chair.
Alistair got a big tin of Roses chocs which I am finding it hard not to raid, not good for diabetics!!

Anyway with having visitors I've not managed to craft and hope to get back into it later today as I've bought a few new bits and pieces and want to try them out. however I wanted to share a card I made for a little girl called Evie who's birthday coming up soon
It's a LOTV stamp and coloured with promarkers, background paper from one of my CDs LOTV sentiment, xcut scalloped die card and ribbon from my stash and WO flower, silver border peel offs, insrt from Paintshop Poppets CD.

Before I go, I thought I would tell you of my win, yes I've finally won something. Imagine my surprise to open the post from Little Claire to find I was winner of last weeks comments on their nativity stamp, I'm so delighted to have won this lovely stamp. I'm laughing to myself as it seems that my word creations outshine my artistic creations as I've not managed to win any blog challenges yet.

So I'm back to work tomorrow after a lovely two weeks holiday, we have visited dear friends, dear friends have visited us, had some great food and drink, wonderful gifts, great laughter, been entertained at the theatre and won a compitition, it's what life is all about.....roll on the next holiday!!

All for now, Kate x

5 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Love the bag Kate and what a pretty card she is so cute

jacqui x

Marie-Louise said...

Lovely bag and card. Glad you enjoyed your holidays.

Patricia said...

Good Morning Kate,
Wow! Love the bag what a great gift.
I like your card I am sure Evie will be delighted.
Good for you winning the Comments Challenge.
You have had a great Holiday it will really put a spring back in your step.
"Keep Out".........of Alistair`s tin
Have a Great Day

Patricia xx

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, what a lovely pressie, that knitting bag is gorgeous and Alistair's sweets should be banished to a good hiding place, I know I cannot resist chocs once they are opened. Now you holiday is at an end it's time to get back to normality, what a thought.

Take care.

Wilma x x

Erika said...

What a super gift Kate, love it. The card is cute too, love LOTV stamps and great colour combo.
Hugs Erika.