Friday 14 December 2012

Bah Humbug!

Good Evening Blogger Friends, I trust you are all well, keeping cosy in this really cold weather.  We had snow in Inverness yesterday and rain today so most of it is gone, thank goodness.  Plenty snow on our hills though which is good for the skiing and giving folk work.

Thank you all for the great  comments on my Charlie Chaplin card, I'm pleased you liked it.

Been having a bit of a rest over the last couple of nights from card making and trying to concentrate on the Aran cushion cover that is intended for Damian and Moreen as part of their Christmas gift, well I've taken it back three times and I'm only at the third row of cable, Alistair just keeps talking to me as I'm knitting and I get put off my count, it's not even all that a difficult pattern. Oh well maybe not this Christmas.

I have at last finished my Christmas cards, and this one is for Alistair, here it is;
He'll have a good laugh at this.  I found this wonderful image of Scrooge by Mo Manning and fell in love with it and thought perfect for hubby. He isn't a Scrooge at all, although he does make noises about the cost of Christmas. I just ignore him. He is however a great Dickens fan so I thought this was just the ticket for him.

It's a Digi stamp and coloured with Promarkers, Background papers are both Papermaina and First Edition Vintage Christmas.  Co-ordination card, gold glitter card, sentiment from PC and gems.

I am so pleased to be finished with Christmas cards and looking forward to trying out some new crafty things, not sure what though.  There is plenty of inspiration fro all your blogs so I'll be spoilt for choice.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my creations, I love to read all your comments.

Well, I'm working tomorrow so I think it's now off to bed with my book.

Good Night All
Kate x
I am entering this card into the  I Love Promarkers blog challenge "one for the Boys"

13 comments:

Rita said...

Good Evening Kate. What a fantastic card. I love Mo's images and last Christmas I used the Artful Dodger and Tiny Tim and it went down a treat. My son is called Alisdair and I wonder how many different spelling there is. I'm from Islay originally, and have been to Inverness Mod many years ago now. Hugs Rita xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous...fab image and colours.xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, I do enjoy seeing your lovely cards and believe Alistair will love this. I just dont know where all your ideas come from but it works for me. Oh Aran knitting how I miss it. I used to work nightshifts and had a few hours during the night with nothing to do and I used to knit Aran jumpers, Icelandic Jumpers, baby clothes just about anything. Then suddenly I went right off knitting and have only picked up the needles for a couple of baby cardis and I do miss it. Have to try again soon but will have to fit it in with cardmaking.
Enjoy your book.

Wilma x x

pam said...

hi Kate, brilliant card for your hubby, fab layout...pam

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Nice card Kate love Scrooge and ths one is no exception

jacqui x

Crafty Lark said...

Great colouring and layers. Love the socks and the whole image. xx Flora

Patricia said...

Hello Kate,
I just love coming on here to see what you have created. Loving this, the colouring is fantastic.
I used to knit Aran`s for extra pocket money years ago. Hazel and I went to St Andrew`s to a woolen mill for our wool. We bought the Aran on huge "Cones" beautiful to knit with and no joins.

Patricia xx

Marie-Louise said...

Brilliant card - love the image and sentiment.

Wendy Fraser said...

He he, this is such fun, I know a few people who this would be perfect for! Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx

Hazel said...


Kate, I love this card. Hope you manage to get your Aran cushion done. I love doing aran's as Patricia said we bought it by the cone so no joins. Hazel

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is a brilliant card thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week and good luck Ginny X

WeirdCat said...

Great card, I love this image, have yet to use it here though, maybe next year!LOL. Thank you for joining I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

Erika said...

Oh how did I miss this one....love the image...would have been great for my hubby...with his barhumbug at this time of year.
LOL.
Happy crafting
hugs Erika.