Monday 10 December 2012

"It's the Snowbuddies plus One"

Good Afternoon Blogland Friends, and I hope that every one is well today.

I missed posting anything yesterday as I had a busy day wrapping parcels and writing out the card.  I felt I should get cracking with it all whilst I had a long week end.  I realised that I also had to make sure that I'd made enough cards, which I hadn't.  I've only two to do now, one for Alistair and one for our friend Sean.  However, what a sense of achievement to have got all the others posted today, and I even learned how to use the self service machine at the Post Office.

It's a short post today, but before I share my card I just want to say thank you for all the lovely comments made on my last card, I really do love reading them and they keep me going, I love peeking into your creative world too, such inspiration to be had on all your blogs.
There is a story behind this card which always makes me smile.  It's for our friend Dougie and he along with my hubby and Simon(Laurie's dad) get together on Monday evenings to play music, nothing serious, Simon being a Cockney, knows lots of funny little songs, and they are interspersed with old time music hall jokes.  The three of them are hilarious, as they argue about whose turn it is, one of them played a bum note or whatever.  And then there's Ken, who sometimes joins in if they are playing at a party and sings the most awful depressing songs, Leonard Choen is cheery by comparison, but it's so funny.  Anyway thats Ken sneeking in at the back, oh and he does lots of sports and has a hat for each of them, he's a hat man.

So I've used a Debbie Moore "Snowbuddy" CD background paper and sentiment also from CD, co-ordinations card and gold glitter card, Marieanne Musical Notes dies, stickels.
I think Dougie will love it, the groups not meeting just now as Simon's heart is not in it, understandably.

That's me for today, enjoy the rest of your,
Kate x

9 comments:

Rita said...

Hi Kate, what a lovely story, sounds like a fun night. Your card is fabulous and meaningful too. I can quite understand about Simon. Hugs Rita xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Great card Kate made me smile

jacqui x

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, it nice when a card has a story behind it, and what a lovely story. Gorgeous card well thought out and constructed. Well hark at me,you would think I was an expert. But I know what I like and I like this card.

Wilma x x

Hazel said...


Kate, what a great card and story to go with it. Just love those snowmen!!! Hazel

Wendy Fraser said...

He he, brilliant card and brilliant story too. xx

pam said...

fabulous card Kate, great story..pam

sue w. said...

Hi Kate, love your fun singing snowmen and the musical notes are perfect.
Wish I could be so organised, I'm always at the last mo.
Hugs Sue W.

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is gorgeous love what you have done here, huggles pops x x x

Erika said...

sounds like a perfect card Kate, great snowmen.
Happy crafting, hugs Erika.