Saturday 1 December 2012

Hush Little One Sleep

Hello Everyone, are you all well?  Hoping you are.  It's been a really cold day here in Inverness and it seems as if the temp is still dropping, I've been forced to put the hall heater on, I've been trying to do without, but it's difficult to be economical when your cold.  Goodness knows how some folk are going to manage this year if it's a severe winter with the hike in energy prices.

A thank you to all who visited and left comments on my last blog.

I've a little news about our friend's son's condition.  I can give his name now, it's Laurie and he has had two skin grafts and they seem to be taking, however now there is a fear of infection.  There are some parts of his body, waist and legs that have 4th degree burns.  I had to look that up as I had never heard of that degree,  I wont go into it but it is worse than 3rd as you can imagine. I just can't begin to get my head around what this lad is going through.

The attackers have been in court and have been charged with wreckless behaviour, I just can't remember what else but, it's something that is just nonsense and they won't even get community service.  I't really makes me wonder what sort of society we are living in.  however Laurie is is staying strong and that is the main thing.

I have a card for you today, it's another LOTV stamp;
I think this is such a sweet image and I've coloured it in using pastel pencils, sentiment is one that goes along with the stamp, backgrouns papers are First Editions Desert Blooms.  Spellbinders die for stamp and Xcut for semtiment.  WO flowers, The Ribbon Girl ribbon and Papermania gems. I've used pastel shades throughout.
I am entering this card into http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/  
The theme this week is "Pastels".

So that's me for today, almost time to go and fix dinner.  Off out to cimema tonight to see the new Great Expectations film.  Mind you it's too cold to go out, but maybe a brandy would help.

Have a good evening,
Kate x





10 comments:

Rita said...

Sounds awful what your friends son has gone through Kate. I hope they get more than community service. Your card is fabulous and I love everything about it. Enjoy your night out. Hugs Rita xx

Marie-Louise said...

Lovely card Kate. Feel so sorry for your friend's son - unfortunately thugs who do these terrible things get off so lightly with our justice system.

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, Sounds good, a wee drop of the hard stuff would go down a treat, warm me up after taking the dogs out at 2100. It has been rain, snow then frozen over making walking treacherous. Your card is a delight, great pastel colours and that image is adorable. Enjoy the film.

Take care.

Wilma x x x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is adorable Kate love that stamp

jacqui x

Wendy Fraser said...

What a pretty card, such a sweet image and I love the pastel colours. xx

Hazel said...


Good morning Kate. I hope you enjoyed your film, it's good to get out and do something different. I am so pleased Laurie is doing ok, here's hoping it carries on that way. Those who did this to him need to be locked away. They won't have been taught a lesson, Laurie is the one who has to go through all the pain and live with the terrible memories. Anyway enough of me being on my hobby horse. Your card is again a beautiful one. Take care and keep warm. Hazel

pam said...

hi Kate such a beautiful card, love this image and design,
so pleased that Laurie is doing ok.
pam

Patricia said...

Good Evening Kate...............where have I been I missed this post.
I love your card, that is such a sweet image, beautifully coloured.
I am sick to hear what those who subjected your friends son to such horrible injuries got from out so called Justice System. I still think about what he has to go through.
Keep cozy

Patricia xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Kate :-) such a lovely image and the colours and details are fab :-)

I hope your friend's son gets well soon ,, what a terrible thing to happen ! They deserve to go to prison for a very long time !!

Thanks for joining us on the Lili's Little Fairies Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Erika said...

Love this cute little image and a perfect sentiment, Kate.
Happy crafting, hugs Erika.