Monday 17 December 2012

Knitting You Good Wishes!

Good Morning Blogger Friends, I hope you are all well this morning.  We have fog, but it is clearing up now, how,  I hate it, it's times like these I don't miss the car.

Thank you all for the lovely comments on my last card, I always look forward to reading them.

My last day off before the Christmas holidays and I am going to make the most of it by doing nothing, except going to see the Hobbit this afternoon.  I wish I'd managed to read it once again before going to see the film, it's been decades since I last picked up the book, but no doubt the story will come back to memory.

We're meeting friends for a bite of lunch in the Hospice, they have a lovely cafe and then going to the cinema.
Today is the anniversary of my mum's death and even although it's 8 years ago, the memories flood back as if it was yesterday.

This is my card for today;
What a pants photo sorry about that I'm not sure why it's turned out like this, just took the shot as I always do,
That's marginally better,  This is a Sugar Nellie digi stamp and I've coloured it with a mixture of Promarkers Flex markers, watercolour pencils and Promarkers. Background papers are First Edition Desert Blooms, co-ordination card, LOTV sentiment, WO roses, The Ribbon Girl butterfly charm, Memory Box butterfly, corner and trellis border dies, gems and Aurora sparkle glitter.
I think this is such a pretty little stamp and one that could be used for a number of occasions.

I would also like to enter this card into  http://www.sugarbowlblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/challenge-98-fionas-sketch.html

Well Ladies and Gentlemen is there are any out there reading this post, have a good day whatever your doing, wrap up well and I hope your weather is'nt too bad,

Kate x




10 comments:

Erika said...

Hi Kate,I love this image, so cute and great colour combo. Have a super Monday, crafty hugs Erika.

Rita said...

Good Morning Kate. Beautiful card and as you say it would for lots of different occasions. Enjoy your lunch and of course the film afterwards. Hugs Rita xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

What a great image Kate! love that card

jacqui x

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, love that image. Beautiful card too. Enjoy your lunch and film.

Wilma x x

Patricia said...

Good Evening Kate,
Great card, super image, beautifully coloured.
Hope you enjoyed your Lunch and the film.

A wee HUG! I have thoughts of my mum just now as well. It would have been our mums birthday last Wed. Mum died quite a few years ago but there are always things that trigger memories.

Patricia xx

Hazel said...


Kate I hope you have enjoyed your day off. Another great card. Like Patricia I have been thinking of our mum to this past week even after 42years their many days that I think about her. Hazel

pam said...

hi kate, gorgeous card, such a cute image, fabulous layout..pam

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie this is just gorgeous I love what you have done here, perfect, huggles Pops x x x

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous :0))) Huggles Pops x x x

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for playing at The Sugar Bowl xx Jenny xx