Saturday 29 December 2012

Little Mermaid

Hello Everyone, back again after a lovely Christmas.  I do hope you all had a really lovely time with good company, friends and family, good food and drink and loads of wonderful gifts.
Alistair and I spent Christmas Day with Moreen and Damian and all the pets.  It was a lovely day, really relaxing, and I felt that it was the first day since I began my holiday that I could comfortably collapse.  We enjoyed wonderful food, and I relaxed the careful, diabetic diet with the most delicious Belgian Chocolate Tart.

We gave Alistair an astronomical telescope as his gift and he was so excited by it, hadn't a clue what this huge box contained, it was so much fun watching him opening it and then realising what it was.  However, in order to set it all up, he needs lots of space, so he tells me I'm better out of the way, as I would get annoyed with parts all over the floor.  I guess he's right as we have such a small house.

Sadly I didn't get my cushion cover finished, but hope to while still on holiday.

Thank you one and all for the lovely comments left on my last post, I do appreciate each and every one of them and although I've not been posting I've tried to keep up with those of you who have managed to keep crafting.

I've had a break from making cards too, but manged to finish this one in order to enter it into;http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
The theme is "Something New", I decided to use my new LOTV Mermaid stamp.
The papers are Nitwits Promises paper pad, matted on to lilac co-ordinations. The image is stamped on to a Spellbinders Floral Oval die and colours with promarkers metallic markers. Memory Box loopy Rings die, Marianne Creatables flourish die, LOTV sentiment, Hessian, ribbon, pearls and anchor charm from The Ribbon Girl, .flower buds and gems from my box of tricks,  sea shells from Nairn Beach and finally lots of Glamour Dust

My photo is not all that good so apologies for that.  The colour palette is lilac and green but not showing up too well.

Well, folks thats me for now, I don't expect to to be back posting this year so, it just leaves me to wish you all a VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!! and look forward to all your new creations and news in 2013.

Best Wishes,  Kate X

4 comments:

Wendy Fraser said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! Fab image and I love all the die cuts. Happy new year when it comes! xx

Erika said...

Hi Kate, loving your seaside theme on your mermaid card, those bubbles are FAB. Hope you are enjoying your holidays, but I know what you mean....I too need to get my crafting head back on!
Happy New Year, hugs Erika. x

Hazel said...


Kate, nice to see you back crafting again, love your mermaid card. Glad you had a lovely Christmas with your family and that hubby loved his new toy. Have a good new year. Hazel

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie this is just gorgeous, fabulous creation as always, Happy New Year huggles Pops x x x