Saturday 8 December 2012

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Good Evening Everyone
I hope your Saturday has be enjoyable, as for me I had an early start into town in order to go carol singing with the Choral Society.  I don't think my voice was at it's best this morning, but I wasn't alone in there were a few croaks.  Anyhow, I think the main attraction was the gorgeous Guide Dogs which accompanied their folk to collect money, this is our chosen charity this year.  They are just so wonderful dogs and although they were strictly speaking working as they all had on their harnesses, people were allowed to speak to them and pat them.  It will be a week or so before the total amount collected is announced, we usually make between £2000-£3000 at the Carolthon.

Thank you everyone who left lovely comments on my last card and also for the kind wishes about my accident.  Both Alistair and I were remarking on just how tired we are today and have come to the conclusion that it's been all the stress of the week.

Anyway I do have a card for you, it's one that's taken me a few evening to make as there was quite a bit to it.  I'm pretty impressed with it especially as I was using a paste thing for decoration.
I've copied the idea from "Creative Stamping" mag.  I've used the Holly Berry Lovers stamp from "Just Inklined" and coloured it with promarkers.  The figures and holly are cut out and put on with foam pad to give a 3D effect.  Around the bridge image I've used White knorr Prandell Deco-Paste.  Memory Box Snowflack Border die, Little Clair sentiment cut out with Xcut dies.  Pearls on the snowflakes Glamourdust for a bit of sparkle. I also used white pen on the berries.

I have to say I love this stamp and I may get the others in the range, they are all scenes and the card examples in the mag have been created by Jak Heath who is one of their designers.

Well, thats my contribution to Blogland tonight,  enjoy the rest of your evening,

Kate x

10 comments:

Doreen said...

A beautiful card,lovely image and colours.xxx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Very nice Kate the embossing looks like Royal Icing on a Christmas cake

jacqui x

Wendy Fraser said...

Wow, what a lovely card, so pretty and intricate xx

Unknown said...

WOW what a gorgeous card, must have taken you an age to do. Love the background, no just love it all. Good to her you were able to attend the Carolthon and hope you all collected loads of money. Take care.

Wilma x x

Patricia said...

Oh! My! Word! Kate this is not just a card it is truly a "Work of Art" , it is stunning. I love the image perfect for a couple.
Glad you managed to get to the Carol Singing and raise money for a great cause.
Take care and take it easy today.

Patricia xx

Hazel said...


Kate. Glad you managed to do your Carolthon and hope you all raised lots of pennies, guild dogs is a great cause. Your card is wonderful I feel like I am walking behind that couple. Have a relaxing day. Hazel

pam said...

fabulous card Kate, such a lot of work..pam

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, ohh this is just gorgeous huggles Pops x x x

Crafty Lark said...

What a super card, love the texture. xx Flora

Debbie said...

What a wonderful card. I love the image and have tried to buy it, but it seems to be discontinued. If you would like to sell yours, I'd love to hear from you. Thank you. Debbie debbie.kent58{at}yahoo.com