Sunday 3 February 2013

Ascension!

Good afternoon Blogging Friends, I hope you are well and having a good Sunday.  it appears that weather has improved in many of your areas which is good.  We have rain, and it was awfully dark in the first part of the day but it's brightened up now.

Well I was very amused by all the sympathetic votes for my hubby and his fiddle yesterday, it made me feel quite guilty having a moan about him, but, you'll never guess what has happened, he broke his bow.  Apparently its an old bow and he need to mend it and asked if I had some sort of waxed twine in my box of tricks, I hadn't but when out at the shops this morning popped in to Hobbycraft thinking I might find something to suit there and found some thin leather lace.  The very thing he said, so off he went to mend the bow, he came back to tell me that when he tried to remove a metal piece which was rusty the whole thing fell apart, so now he needs to find a real bow maker mender.  Don't know why this particular bow is so special to him, but I really do hope he can get it mended.  There you go not so hard hearted after all.

I managed to get a card completed which I began last night but had to stop when Borgan came on, can't do things and read subtitles at the same time, here it is;
This is a commissioned card, one of my clients asked me to make it for her friend, a young man who likes travel and oldish things, vintage I suppose.
Unfortunately there is a bit of glare,  One day I'll be able to take good photos.

I've used an 8x8 card base and inked it up with Distressed ink, embossed white card with a Couture creations folder then ink that, matted on to Kanban mirri, paper from Chronology , Papermania as is the stamp of the globe, Spellbinders dies, they are snowflakes but they look a little like cogs, LOTV birthday sentiment. Gunmetal gems.
It's maybe a bit blue, I think I had some sort of idea in my head about up and away into the blue yonder, or something like that.

That's me for today, thank you for all your wonderful comments, I love reading them, and if I could just say to people who visit, please do leave a comment so that I know you were here, cos I will visit you and see what marvellous creations you have.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday
Kate X

11 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Kate.

Rita said...

Fabulous card Kate. Sorry to hear the saga of Alistair's bow, but I'm sure it can be mended. I suppose like us Men get attached to their favourite thing too. Hugs Rita xxx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is amazing Kate I absolutely love this
I have turned off my automatic flash for taking my photos, I found there was too much glare with my flash
jacqui x

Hazel said...


Kate, I just loved how you have told the saga of Alistair's bow, I often forget to remind the girls to practise their cello etc. just for a bit of quiet and when Beth's cello had to go to the music teacher to get tuned I made out it was a pity she had to wait till the next day to get it back. Anna's different as she is very good at piano having just got a merit at grade three, I enjoy it when she plays properly but can wind me up messing about some nights. I love your card and I can see what you were thinking about up and away, I think the lad will be thrilled with it. Hazel

Crafty Lark said...

Love your card, great cogs, I have been toying with getting those new embossing folders and I know I will give in and get them soon. Hope the bow recovers! I also love your alpacas. xx Flora

Sue said...

Oh poor Alistair hope he gets it fixed soon, this card is lovely Kate the choice of card and colours is so nice huggles hun xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, ahhhh Alistair is loved after all, well his fiddle and bow are now, you are a very thoughtful wife after all. I love your card so much imagination gone into it, i often wonder where all your ideas come from as your cards are so different.

Wilma x x x

Patricia said...

Hi Kate, Hope Alistair finds someone to mend his bow. So you are not really that hard woman after all!!!!!
Loving this beautiful card, everything is just perfect. It will be well appreciated.
Happy Crafting
Hugs

Patricia xx

pam said...

hi Kate, fabulous man card, great design, shame about Alistairs bow, ...pam

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie what a gorgeous creation :0)) hugs Pops x

Alison Scott said...

Great card.
Nice to know you're not completely heartless with Alistair - you even went to Hobbycraft to help him (and yourself too I hope!!!)
Love
Alison