Wednesday 4 September 2013

Autumn Sentiment and a Bright Pair of Socks!

Good Evening to you all, and I do hope it is a good evening, in fact a good day and that you have had time to do a bit of crafting.

It's been another lovely day here in Inverness, lovely and sunny and warm without the strong breeze of yesterday.  We went for a walk around the Culloden Battlefield in the afternoon, and although been there loads of times I've never walked right the way around, I could never see the point of it, and the weather was always pants, but today it was just a lovely walk, with lots of blue sky. We live a stone's throw away so it was not a big drive to it and it was just an outing to blow away some cobwebs.

I didn't manage to make a card today, I was finishing off my socks and here they are, dark shades on please,
Photo a wee bit blurred, but i was taking the shot from a strange angel as I was modeling them as you can see.  I bought the wool in Iceland and although I like it, it's not the softest of yarn.  
I am now going to tackle the lacey wrap that has been on the pins for ever, but as it's patterned, and I need to concentrated, it's still might take a long time in the finnishing.

This card I made the other week and it's using the free stamps from Creative Stamping Magazine, I have really just copied the example of the card in the magazine by Kim Dellow, just using different papers and sparkle.  I was trying out the masking technique for the stamps, never done before, and it took me a few times to get it right, but it's not too bad, anyway, here it is;
I think the stamps are so worth the money for the magazine and I think this sentiment is so lovely.
Prismacolour Pencil
LOTV Country Lady Paper
kraft Card base
Twine, buttons and pearls from my box
Glamour Dust

Sue, at Olliesmam used these stamps a few days ago and made a gorgeous card, I think it's great to see all the different ways the stamps can be used.

I hope you like it and I would just like to thank you all for the lovely comments on my previous card, and the kind comments on Alistair's lovely gift of jewellery.

That's me, off to put my feet up and watch a bit of telly,
Hugs Kate x


20 comments:

Rita said...

Love your colourful socks Kate. I am knitting a wrap too, in Debbie Bliss merino wool and it's so fine it will take me till Christmas to finish it. I do like your card and the stamps are gorgeous. Hugs Rita xxx

Sue said...

Your socks are gorgeous Kate! what lovely bright colours, I agree with the what you said about the stamps they are lovely and a bargain and I love that sentiment too huggles hun Sue xxxxxxxx

rachel said...

great card Kate and I do love those socks - they are fabulous! What a clever lady you are xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
My eyes are pre adjusted for brightness so no glasses required hahaha!
Your socks are the ducks doodahs! I used to have a pair like that with individual toes in, like gloves on your feet. Love em!
Your card is so elegant and the sentiment is so lovely.
I love the colours of Autumn but not the thought of Winter around the corner.
Take care
Ang x

Sue said...

Love your colourful socks Kate, the brighter the better I say!
Gorgeous card, I love the images and fabulous colours.
Sue xx

Marie-Louise said...

Marvellous card Kate and absolutely brilliant socks - so cosy looking.

Shona Hamill said...

Great card Kate and I love your bright striped socks! X

Hazel said...


Great socks Kate, I bet your feet were lovely and warm. Love your card too.

Hazel xxx

Norma said...

Hi Kate:) Your card is beautiful and I love those socks, they look so soft and cozy!! Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful evening!!
Hugs,
Norma

Unknown said...

Love your socks Kate, look so cosy. I often feel we miss out on things near us, we travel miles to do things when we have attractions right on our doorstep. Your card is lovely too.

Wilma x x x

Patricia said...

Brilliant socks, love them. Your feet will stay "toasty warm" in them.
Great card, I find I make so many little mistakes when I try the Masking Technique but you get some super effects.
Glad you enjoyed your walk round the Battle Field
Have a Great Day
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Christine Harrop said...

John and I went round he battle field last year when we were up in Scotland on holiday. We always say we are going to do these things and then never get round to it - especially when it's on your own doorstep. Love those gorgeous socks! Christine xx

May said...

Gorgeous socks Kate...the colours are wonderful these will keep your tootsie's snug as a bug!!!
Beautiful card, Love those stamps...Great design, so glad you enjoyed your walk..Hugs May x x x

Unknown said...

I love your new socks! Great colors. Good luck with your lace wrap. I enjoy knitting and crochet, but I'm not very good. Seeing your socks reminds me that I have a pair on the sock loom I need to finish before the cold weather comes. I love the way you did the sky on your card today :)

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
fabulous socks and card. Love those socks so bright and cheerful, just what you want on drab winter days, but not yet hey.
Love what you have done with the stamp on your card.
Did I ever tell you we holidayed near Inverness quite a few years ago, and loved every bit of the wonderful scenery there. Great memories I have of that holiday. The air is soooooooo much more cleaner than in the south of the country.
Would love to live there, but sadly too far from
my lovely children and grand children.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny l.

pam said...

brilliant socks Kate, love your stamped card.
pam

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful sentiment and a lovely card
Hugs Kate xx

Marlene Atkinson said...

Gorgeous socks and card Kate. Marlene

Erika said...

Kate what fab stripy socks, love them.
Great masking on your card too. It is a technique that needs practise but well worth it for the effect it creates.
Have a super weekend whatever you are up to.
Hugs Erika.

Sandy said...

I love reading about your life Kate - I certainly enjoy the way you word things. Your card is so lovely but I have to tell you - your socks are out of this world beautiful. I wish I could knit like that. Maybe you could make some out of a softer yarn. If I made those I would frame them!!
sandy