Wednesday 27 November 2013

Let it Snow!!

Hello Blogging Friends and Visitors, I'm finally managing to make an appearance here, it's ages since I last posted anything.

Thanks to everyone who has commented on my last card, I very much appreciate everyone's time, especially as it's a very busy time for you all.

Life has been going at a great rate of knots for me, but mainly my absence has been because I've been so very tired, very little energy, and falling asleep on the sofa after dinner, not like me at all, but then not getting sleep at night.I've not had much oomph to make cards.  I know what's causing it, work, but I'm ploughing on till Christmas at least.

I had to find some energy reserves for our concert on Saturday, which I'm pleased to say turned out to be very good and well received.  It was a very difficult sing with over sixteen pieces to learn, and many of us didn't feel confident at all, but thankfully as they say it was all right on the night.  We are now busy rehearsing for our Carolthon later in December in which we sing all day in the local shopping centre and raise money for charity, and this year it's for Marie Curie.  It's an amazing organisation whose work is outstanding, I experienced just how tremendous the nurses are when my mum was in the Marie Curie Hospice in Glasgow a number of years ago, nothing was too much trouble for them, and not only did they look after my mum, but also me. Thank goodness for them, so I hope we raise lots of dosh.

I have a card today and here it is;
LC Stamp
LOTV Sentiment
Promarkers
Core'dination card in Navy
Hobby House Pearls
Sparkly ribbon from my box
Stickles in Icicle

This is my effort of a CAS card, I've been so inspired by all they gorgeous CAS cards made by some of my Blogging Friends that I thought I would have a go. It's not completely one, but almost.  Hope you like it.

That's me, I hope everyone is well and keeping warm, our temp has gone up a bit, but is supposed to drop tonight.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges
  http://ilovepromarkers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/196-anything-goes.html
http://www.littleclairesdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/little-claire-monthly-challenge-39.html

24 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kate good to see you again! It must be difficult readjusting to work after being off for a while, hopefully it will get easier for you. You are lucky to be able to sing I love singing and sing a lot in the house much to everyone's amusement I must say. Marie Curie is a wonderful cause to raise money for. My friend was a Marie Curie nurse and would go into people's houses at nights to give them a break. Your card is lovely and I think you have done CAS brilliantly, love the blue and white together. Susan x

Diane said...

Love the design Kate, the coloring with the snowy glitter is so pretty.

Hugs Diane

Rita said...

A beautiful snowy scene Kate. It just lifts that card. Hopefully things get a bit better for you soon. Try Holland and Barratt, as they are very good at knowing what to give you as a pick me up. Hugs Rita xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Good to see you but sorry to hear you are so tired. Very cute card, love blue and white fro Christmas. Take care xx

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is a gorgeous Snowy Scene Kate. Sorry to hear your still under the weather and work doesn't seem to be helping, hope things change for you. Marlene

Sue said...

Kate, sorry to hear that work is taking such a toll on you. Take care of yourself.......
What a fun card with the house all sparkly with snow and even a snowman!
Really nice Christmas card.

Glad your concert turned out great, thinking of you.

Hugs
Sue

Patricia said...

Good evening Kate,
This working lark is really not working out for you is it???
Just remember your health is very important.

I love the beautiful scene on your card and a great design.
Hugs

Patricia xxxx

Hazel said...

Kate your scene on your card is beautiful , you need to slow down, you have been of work for a while and it's hard to get back to full power as one would say, I know this from last year. Hazel xxx

May said...

Hi Kate, Sorry to hear your work is taking it's toll on you... take care!! Your card is Gorgeous...Love the scene.... Hugs May x x x

pam said...

have to agree with Patricia and Hazel`s comments Kate, you must take care.
you card is beautiful.
glad your concert went well.
pam x

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Kate. Take it easy - You don't want to make yourself unwell again.

Sue said...

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so tired, I hope you feel better soon Kate. I am pleased that the singing went well and I am sure that your Carolthon will raise loads of money for such a worthwhile cause.
Your card is gorgeous, I love the image and beautiful colours.
Take care
hugs Sue xx

rachel said...

great card Kate - and so glad to see you here - I understand that you must be tired - thats work for you! Hope things start to get easier for you! Glad your concert went well and hope the carolthon goes well too - great idea xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
I was about to send the Saint Bernard with the brandy so thank goodness you're back.
Your card is delightful chuck. Love the image and frosty bits.
Remember to take time to have a deep breath Kate or you'll be back where you started.
Take care.
Ang x

debby4000 said...

Oh your card is adorable, love all the sparkle.
luv
Debby

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie, this is really gorgeous. big hugs love Pops x x x

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, so nice to have a card from you again. Your card is beautiful, I love the adorable image and all the glitter. Please take care of yourself so sad to hear you not feeling well. Good luck with the Carolthon. Hugs Anet.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
super sparkly card. Love the image it's what you expect of Christmas.
Great designing as always.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous Christmas scene. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x

hotpotato said...

Glad you are OK as I did begin to wonder and worry where you were.

Erika said...

A great snowy Christmas scene there Kate, loving the added sparkle too.
Good luck with the charity singing, how festive!
Take care with work too.
Hugs Erika.

Artesania said...

Lovly Winter scene ,lloky like ice cold wether,beautiful colours! !Thank you so much for join us at I ♥ ProMarkers challenge this week ,hope you return next time!
Hugs Gudrun

Sandy said...

Wonderful winter scene - I love houses and snow and snowmen and you have put it all together in one grand snowy card!!
Sandy

♥Gemma♥ said...

Gorgeous Chrimbo card and thank you for joining us at Little Claire's this month and good luck :)
hugs and xxx
Gemma