Tuesday 5 November 2013

Walking in the Air, and the Birthday Boy!

Hello Blogging Friends, back again and managed to have a bit of a catch up with your blogs.  I'm at a loss to think where all my time is going, and it's amazing how a couple of days away from home can knock you out of kilter.  I'm busy trying to get washing and general housework done before I go away on Thursday. Thankfully I don't need to cook for Alistair, he is awfully good at foraging for his own tucker, and talking of Alistair, it's his birthday today and although, I made and posted his card away back in February, I thought I would put it here again, as I've loads more followers than then and I thought you might like to see it, I have to say  Hubby loved it.
I love this image from Acidrops and Whatnots called Nudie Norman, because Alistair was loosing weight , purposely, and he was doing my head in with all the weighing in, and I just kept saying I loved him just the way he was, so when I saw this stamp I though it was just the thing.

I do have an newly made card too;
It's the lovely Snowman and I've decoupaged him from a Hunkydory kit I bought  last year., so no great imagination involved. I was asked to do some children's cards and I don't know anyone who doesn't like the Snowman, old or young.

Thank you all for visiting and leaving your very kind comments, and I'm so pleased you liked the Anniversary card.
I've an evening to myself, as Alistair and his friend will be off to the Astonomical meeting after diner, so I just maybe get a little crafting done.

I'm hoping to run into some of you fab folk at the NEC on Friday, so if you see me, make sure to say hello, I know its an awfully big place, but you never know.  I'm making a list of the stalls I want to find and it's getting longer by the day.

I hope everyone is fine and well, and if not, hope it won't be long before you're feeling better.
Keep safe everyone and hope to see you soon,





25 comments:

rachel said...

super cards Kate and a Happy Birthday to Alistair - brilliant day for a birthday! We're just off to the village bonfire now! Enjoy the NEC - you'll have a ball! Wish I was going! Big Hugs rachel xx

Patricia said...

Good evening Kate,
Loved this card when you showed it before. What Alistair would want to loose weight for goodness knows!!!!
Loving your Snowman card.
Getting nearer and nearer to Birmingham, John said watching me is like watching someone who has never been on holiday before.........!!!!,
See you soon
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Rita said...

Fabulous card Kate. Good for Alistair in losing weight. I love your second card too, the snowman is a big favourite of mine. Enjoy your time at the NEC and be sure to take a list of needy things. Hugs Rita xxx

downrightcrafty said...

oh saucy you no wonder he loved it great piece lol and love your Christmas make the snowman always looks so magical
hugs Kate xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Many happy returns to young Alastair. Your card is hilarious!
Love the Snowman too chuck.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Ang x

Lorraine said...

A brilliant card for your hubby, I hope he has had a good birthday.
I love the snowman card too
Lorraine x

Marlene Atkinson said...

Hi Kate, Both your cards are gorgeous, the 1st one made me smile and I had a little giggle to myself. Marlene

Sue said...

I remember this card Kate I chuckled when I saw it lol fab cards I have the snowman cd love the images on there, have a fab time on Friday :))) I'm not going this year but next March is on the cards for meeting up with lots of blogging friends huggles Sue xxx

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Alistair and what a gorgeous card for him, I need that image for my hubby as he gets older the more interested he is in his weight. The Snowman card is lovely too. Hope you all have a wonderful time at the NEC.

Wilma x x x

vic said...

Hi Kate aww this is lovely!!! I love the snowman image and how funny is that stamp he he!!!
Hugs
Vic x

Sue said...

Happy Birthday to Alistair, I hope he has had a good day. The card you have made for him is wonderful. I love your snowman card too.
hugs Sue xx

Christine Harrop said...

Love both your cards but Alistair's birthday card is fabulous. Must get that stamp! John is actually unable to gain weight even with his meds so this image would be fantastic and would probaby give him a laugh!

Diane said...

Happy Birthday to Alistair. Super fun cards, the layers with the snowman really look great.

Hugs Diane

pam said...

fantastic card for Alistair's birthday Kate, wish him happy birthday.
love you snowman card too, enjoy the NEC.
pam

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Birthday to Hubby. I remember this card it is just great. Would suit my hubby too, as he always says his legs are too skinny. lol.
Fab Christmas card love the snowman theme you are right everyone loves the snowman.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, Congratulations ons Alistair's birthday. I think the card you made for him is really cute. Beautiful Christmas card, I love that adorable snowman. Have a wonderful time.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kate I don't remember seeing this before but its fab! Alistair sounds very much like my husband Dave he weighs himself every day religiously I do all I can to avoid the scales! So wish I was going to NEC but things have been happening in my family so I need to make an emergency trip to London. Have fun! Susan x

Jules said...

Hi Kate

Great cards .. your first one made me smile.

Have fun at the NEC. I am being strong and staying away!!

Hope you are having a good week.

Love Jules xx

Sandy said...

Hey Kate! I love it when you talk your talk with all these wonderful words I have never in my life heard of. Just wish I could hear your accent too! Love your husband's birthday card - what a hoot!!! Your Christmas card is stunning. I loved seeing that video - all music I do believe. You will be leaving tomorrow so whatever you are doing, have a wonderful time doing it!!
sandy

Erika said...

Hi Kate, you did make me giggle with your card for your hubby. Love it. Especially the strategically placed greeting!
Liking your Christmas card too, always reminds me of the Christmas Iron bru advert.
Have a fabulous time at the NEC, look forwards to seeing what new goodies you come home with.
Hugs Erika.

May said...

Love the card for hubby... Brilliant image & Gorgeous Christmas card the image is Beautiful....Have a wonderful time at the NEC....I wish I was going... Hugs May x x x

Norma said...

Hi Kate:) Happy Be-lated Birthday to Alistai and this card is so awesome! I hope you get all caught up soon with all your house chores my friend! Have a great evening!!
Hugs,
Norma

rosie said...

gorgeous cards. fab images - love the Christmas card especially x

Craftyhugs said...

Hi Kate!
Two gorgeous cards. That first one is just fabulous and such a great saying too! Snowman card is my favourite Christmas programme. Loved it as a child and now have the paper pack like you. Two fabulous cards!
Hope you have a lovely time with Patricia.
Hugs
Xx

Sue said...

Funny card for your hubby! I love the snowman and your card is so nice.
Hugs
Sue