Sunday 10 November 2013

What a Great Time We Had!!

Good Morning Blogging Friends and visitors, and welcome Chris, my latest follower, it's good to have you here and so pleased you have chosen to follow my efforts, I hope I will see you often.

Thank you all so much for all your kind comments on my last cards, even although some of you had seen Alistair's birthday card before, you all seemed to enjoy it again.

Well my trip to Birmingham's NEC with Elaine, Patricia and Hazel was just fabulous, lots of chatting and laughs along the way, even about the extremely rude taxi driver on our run from airport to hotel.  All other taxi drivers were brill as was the Travel Lodge's staff, all bright and cheery, even although they were very, very busy.

We met up for dinner with Mrs. Duck, otherwise Ang from The Ducks DoDahs and Christine Harrop of Christine's Cards and Craft.  What two smashing ladies they are, and a great evening was had, great stories and laughter all the way.  We felt we'd known them for ages, and indeed we have in a way, on Blogland, but meeting up in reality was just fab.

As for the Craft Fair, Alice in Wonderland springs to mind.  I've never been to one before, except little ones here in Inverness where it is mainly textiles and yarn, I was completely overwhelmed, but I settled down eventually to spend. I was a bit starstruck too spotting all the crafting celebs, and I even chatted to Joanna Sheen!!  I found the particular brands I had planned in my mind to look at and buy, and Chatted to Steve from Little Claire whom I always get on the phone, and he knew who I was.

I had a ball buying, but I did come home  with money!!
My lovely hubby had a beautiful bouquet of flowers for my return, me thinks I must go away more often, but it is good to be back too.
Here is what I've bought;


Lavinia stamps I was desperate to see and Cardi-io too and loved the demos. I'm so pleased with my buys and hope to get playing later today.

Thanks for visiting and bearing with this excited little girl, (that's what it felt like)  with all these photos.
I hope everyone is well.

See you later


17 comments:

Rita said...

It definitely sounds as if you had the time of your life Kate. Lots of lovely goodies to play with in those pictures. I think meeting up with blog friends is wonderful and you'll always remember your trip to the NEC. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Hazel said...

You know something Kate your buys didn't look so many when you were showing them to us, my you did buy a lot but they are great buys at that. I haven't had time to do mine, I have been playing with ideas I got from the Christmas bit. Lucky you getting flowers, I did say he had missed you. Hazel xxx

Christine Harrop said...

Oh Kate, we did have such a great time didn't we? Your goodies are fantastic. Will be waiting to see some used. I haven't had chance to play with anything yet. Love and hugs Christine xx

Sue said...

I am so pleased that you had such a good time Kate and now you have lots of lovely new goodies to play with. I have never been to a craft fair, the all seem too far away from me but maybe one day I will be able to make it to one.
hugs Sue xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
so pleased you had a good time, and bought such fab goodies. It is very hard when your there to no where to go next, and what to see. I do hope on my visit I will no the ropes a little more and see lots more. Looking forward to your lovely creations with these goodies.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Patricia said...

Well Kate, I think your "stash" has grown on the journey home!!
Did not seem so much when we were drinking tea spreading all our purchases around and comparing ............!!! Loved all your stamps, in fact It has made me decide I really must use some of mine more often.
Lucky you getting flowers, told you he would miss you. Mine is so used to me popping away he was at J& A's for tea. I came home to a nice sparkly clean house but no one at home!!!
Have a good week
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Wendy Fraser said...

So glad you had a good time, I knew you would! Enjoy playing with all your new goodies. xx

Unknown said...

I knew the "Scottish Posse" as Ang call you all would have a great time meeting up with Ang and Christine soooo jealous maybe next time. Your goodies look amazing. Have lots of fun trying to remember all the demos.

Wilma x x x

rachel said...

so glad you had a wonderful time Kate - and my oh my what a fabulous stock of goodies you bought too! Can't wait to see what you do with them! Big Hugs rachel xx

Sandy said...

I am so tickled you had such a good time with wonderful blogging friends. I see you bought some Lavina stamps - I love them. You really made a haul and came home with money too!! Good girl!
I can't wait to see what you do with your goodies.
Sandy

Lorraine said...

Glad to hear you had a fantastic time at the NEC. Your crafty stash looks great too - can't wait to see what you make
Lorraine x

pam said...

glad you enjoyed the NEC, Kate, lovely load of goodies you have there.
enjoy.
pam

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Wow, how impressive that its taken three photos to show your purchases!
It was truly fantastic meeting you ladies and you are more than welcome for your gift.
Flowers eh? Must have had some change from that fish supper hahaha!
Take care
Ang x

Sue said...

WOW, Kate, you did good. It is easy to get overwhelmed at these shows, so much merchandise packed into small spaces. Sounds like you and the girls had a great time, and sounds like somebody missed you.....
Homemade soup sounds so good, getting colder here in New York now.
Hugs
Sue

Jules said...

Aaahhh Kate .. .. I can feel your excitement from here .. .. and it is lovely.

I am so pleased you had a good time and I was really touched that your hubby had some flowers for your return. How lovely of him!

You have lots of new goodies to play with there! You won't know which to break open first!!

Have fun!

Love Jules xx

hotpotato said...

Glad you enjoyed the NEC. I go to Ally Pally twice a year and always enjoy it...kid in sweet shop comes to mind! Love all your purchases too.

Erika said...

Wow Kate that is some mighty fine stash there to play with, have fun!
Yes I was making another dishcloth.....for special friends!
Whether they use it or not will be a different matter.
Hugs Erika.