Sunday 2 February 2014

Peacock Gift Bag!

Good Sunday Afternoon to Everyone,

I hope you are well and are having a good weekend, whatever you happen to be doing.  The weather is not too great, rain and sunshine, but pretty cold.  I do hope wherever you are that the weather isn't too awful.
It's been a day of sport here in the abode and Alistair has full control of the TV zapper, our local team, Caley Thistle are playing Hearts in some sort of Cup Final, and then its the rugby with Scotland and Ireland, I don't mind the rugby, but cant be bothered with the footy. It however leaves me in peace to get on with important things like blogging.

We went to see 12 Years a Slave last night and what a powerful film it is, awful to think human beings can behave that way to other human beings. I can see how it's up for all sorts of awards, worth going to see, if you can stand all the violence towards the slaves, I had to close my eyes at those bits.

We are waiting for a friend to come over to help Alistair with the computer, I cant' fix what he's done so Linda is a whizz with the word processing as he is an admin person.  
Alistair is writing the story of his accent and decent of the Matterhorn called "The Day the Rope Got Fankled", This was many years ago when he was a young man, and it's a really funny story where the rope really did get fankled.  I'm not allowed to read it until he asks me to edit it, however he is a pain with the computer, he keeps pressing keys and icons without knowing what they do, this will be the second time Linda will come to the rescue.  The things that are showing up are way beyond my skills to fix.  If he ever becomes a full time author, I'm sending him on a computer course.

I've got a little something for you today;

You will more than likely recognise a similar creation from a few weeks ago, which was a card for my Daughter-in-law's birthday, well this is the gift bag I've made to pop her present into.
Rose Garden Papers
Tonic, Tattered Lace, and Signature dies
Lace from Hobby Crafts
Ribbon from my box
Liquid Pearls
DI in Brushed Concord
Heart charm from The Ribbon Girl
Lots of  Glamour Dust in Crystal

Moreen's birthday isn't till next Friday, and as it's a significant one she is having her family and Alistair and I for a little get together.

The last time that happened Moreen's sister-in-law and I thought there was going to be a big announcement about a wedding, we were convinced of this as Moreen and Damian are not the sort of couple who have family parties, but we were wrong, but I swear that Damian did that deliberately just to get us going, as he kept grinning at me all evening. Anyhow it will be lovely to meet up with her family again.

Thank you for all the kind comments on my last card, I really do appreciate your visit.

That's me for now, keep warm and cosy and see you soon,


22 comments:

Rita said...

What a beautiful gift bag Kate. I love what you have created. Better get into the kitchen now and start serving dinner. Enjoy your Evening. Hugs Rita xxx

Crafty Lark said...

A very pretty, detailed gift bag Kate, such gentle colours and fab lace. I think I need to ignore the weather. Don't think I could watch that film. Sending hugs. xx Flora

Sue said...

What a gorgeous gift bag Kate. I never allow my hubby near my laptop for the same reason LOL I bought him an ipad so he keeps away now . Lots of huggles Sue xx

Hazel said...

Kate, a gorgeous gift bag for that special birthday gift. Now as for Alistair maybe you need to go buy him a few note books and a packet of good pencil, that way he can write down his story then you could edit it and type it up for him as a gift, less hassle too. Enjoy your evening. Hazel xx
P.S. Yes it would be November .

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
I did think I was going mad as I thought I had already seen something for Moreen already. Gosh, this has got to be the fanciest gift bag I've seen.
I don't know what "fankled' means. . . . . .probably sounds ruder than it is lol!. . . . . but sounds like Alastair's fankled your computer!
Have a great week chuck.
Ang x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, wow such an amazing creation hugs Pops x x x

May said...

Gorgeous gift back Kate, the colours & design is beautiful...Hugs May x x x

Sue said...

Your gift bag is so beautiful Kate, such gorgeous die cuts and I love the colours.
Hugs Sue xx

Shona Hamill said...

Hi Kate, love this bag the peacock is fab. It was nice to bump into you on Friday and for once not in a craft shop, think that's a first! We'll need to arrange a 'proper' meet one of these days! Shona xx

Patricia said...

Good evening Kate, beautiful bag, I love how you matched it to the card perfectly.
You might get a surprise at this family gathering!!!!!
I agree with Hazel, get Alistair notebooks & pencils. Mind you if he is anything like John I would not be able to read the writing.
I thought I would like to see that film till watched a Preview on the telly this morning. I feel it will be just a bit too violent for me.
Have a good week
Hugs

Patricia xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Kate. Lovely design and colours
Lorraine x

pam said...

beautiful gift bag Kate, gorgeous colours and design.
pam

Wendy Fraser said...

So pretty, I really love that peacock die xx

rachel said...

such a pretty card Kate - love that peacock - gorgeous. Glad to hear you enjoyed the film - I've been thinking of going to see that one - sounds very harrowing though xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Your gift bag is beautiful Kate, I love the pretty colours and the adorable peacock.

Jules said...

Hi Kate

That is one gorgeous gift bag .. .. stunning!!

I hope that computer is now sorted so the author can continue his writing.

Perhaps you need to put red dots on the keys he isn't allowed to press LOL!!!

Have a good week.

Love Jules xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Beautiful gift bag for your DIL Kate, beautiful die cuts. Oh dear men and computers my Dave is just the same! Of course its never his fault! I can't stand films with violence in them especially if based on truth so I don't think I could stomach it! Susan x

Erika said...

A lovely gift bag there Kate.
I prefer rugby to football too. Great matches at the weekend even though England and Scotland didn't win.
Enjoy your family get together, hugs Erika.

Sue said...

Kate, the gift bag is wonderful, and I do remember the card, what a great pairing. Beautiful, I am sure she is going to love it.
We went to see Philamena, what a wonderful story and film.

Hugs
Sue

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a superb gift bag, to go with that super card you made. I do love that tattered lace Peacock. He looks so perfect in that fab rainbow card stock.
Love you new style blog .
Good luck with your DH and the computer. lol.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Norma said...

Hi Kate:) OMG! I absolutely LOVE the new blog design, it's so cute:) and as for your beautiful gift bag well, it's beautiful and she will love it:) I do think Damian did that on purpose to get you guys going to, it sure made me laugh:) Thanks for sharing Kate. Have a great evening.
Hugs,
Norma

hotpotato said...

Love your new header Kate.