Tuesday 25 February 2014

Pretty Card for Mother's Day!

Good Evening to you All, I hope everyone is good, but if not I do hope that you'll feel better soon.
It's been a lovely day up here, blue skies, sunshine but, cold, but better than rain.  Sadly, I was at work and being frustrated by our printer running out of ink after having new cartridges put in last Thursday. I had a pile of admin work to be getting on with, but didn't get any of it done.  None of us can think why we are running out so quickly, but hopefully Amazon will have sent our new inks and we will have them tomorrow.  I hate when I'm all geared up to do something, and it doesn't happen, especially when I've cleared a space in my work diary to do it, and I am fast finding out that 18hrs. isn't a lot of time in which to do the many tasks that is expected of me.  Mind you, I'm glad I only do 18hrs.

I have a card for you tonight;

This is a commissioned card for my friend to give to her mum.
I do love these cross over cards, and I've only made one befor and then didn't manage to cut the opposit side to match, but I got it right this time.
I used a topper from a Stephanie Weightman range, Flower paper from same range.
Paper in the pocket is a freebie
Silver Mirri Card
Hobby Craft Lace and ribbon from my box
The Ribbon Girl Charm
Signature Butterfly die
SB Aster Die, made from tissue paper, I did it Hazel!!, it does help having umteen layers.
Pearls and gems from Papermania
Glamour Dust for added sparkle.

I hope Karen's mum likes it, I think she will.

Thank you everyone for visiting me and leaving kind comments, I do appreciate each and every one of them.

I've got the evening to myself, hubby off to Dingwall to watch Ross County and Caley Thistle play footy.  He will be frozen, better him than me.  It's not something he does all that often, but his friend had a free ticket, so as Alistair just loves anything that's free, off he went.

Enjoy the rest of your evening, and I see you soon,


28 comments:

pam said...

hi Kate, what a beautiful card, I love the cross over style, beautiful papers and love that aster flower.
so glad I do not work, sound`s like you have had a rough day!!!
pam

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is so gorgeous, it will be loved I am sure. Great colours, love it

Jules said...

Hi Kate

What a beautiful shaped card and I love the flower very much!

I think your friend and her Mum will both be very pleased and happy it!

Hope your week is going well.

Love Jules xx

Hazel said...

So glad you managed to get your Astre to work with the tissue, love the colour, and your card is wonderful, very pretty paper too. Hazel xx

rachel said...

this is stunning Kate - a wonderful criss cross card - and I'm sure your friend will adore it. Sorry works not so good - but at least its only 18 hours like you say xx

Shona Hamill said...

Stunning card Kate, love that shape I must give it a go myself. Shona xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, this card is absolutely gorgeous. I love the folding and lace, beautiful Mother's Day card.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Kate, such a pretty card design and your flower looks so beautiful.
hugs Sue xx

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is stunning Kate.I love the flower it looks so beautiful and the design is gorgeous. Marlene

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Kate that flower is really lovely. I love the design of this card but have never tried to do one you have inspired me to have a go lol huggles and have a great week Sue xxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Never tried one of these before but will have to give it a go. Smashing card and I'm sure that your friend will think so too. Love the tissue flower.
I'm doing extra hours to get things done at the moment and I'm sure the next suggestion will be the proverbial broom stuck somewhere as well lol ! Hope you can catch up without too much stress.
Take care.
Ang x

Marie-Louise said...

A really gorgeous card Kate.

Norma said...

Hi Kate:) Beautiful card and I love the style of it. I hope you get your ink cartridges soon and get caught up on your work. Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Hugs,
Norma

Patricia said...

Good morning Kate,
It is ages since I made one of this kind of card. Must have a go once again. Could be a good one for the Craft Class.
I love your beautiful design and the really pretty colours.
Stunning tissue flower!!
Have a great day
Hugs

Patricia xx

Unknown said...

Oh so pretty Kate, stylish and elegant. Love that tissue flower, must give it a try. Hope hubby has thawed out.

Wilma x x x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
this is a very pretty card. How can anyone not love that super design you have created. Such areal girly type of creation, and perfect for a Mum.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Wendy Fraser said...

Oh this is just stunning Kate! xx

vic said...

This is gorgeous Kate! Beautiful embellishments too! The printer issue sounds very familiar they can be so frustrating lol!
Hugs
Vic x

Sandy said...

Beautiful card Kate - anyone who received this card would love it and treasure it I am sure!
sandy xx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Hallo Kate
Prachtige kaart. en een schitterende kaart met de tekst
groetjes Gerrie

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Kate a fabulous card I do love criss cross cards they look so pretty! Hope you manage to get your inks at work soon! Susanxx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

This is one heck of a GORGEOUS card. Love that charm too. I hope you receive your ink tomorrow and have a productive day. I DO know what you mean.

May said...

WOW...Kate this is stunning... I adore the shape & fabulous embellishments...this will be one to treasure... Hope all goes well at work today... Hugs May x x x

Erika said...

A lovely cross over card there Kate...mmm nice lace and loving the large flower...gosh I think I have that die somewhere, haven't used it in ages.
Hope you get your printer sorted, happy crafting, hugs Erika.

Anne said...

Very pretty card Kate, I love the cross-over design too ...in fact I think I might just make one, you've inspired me!
Anne x

hotpotato said...

very pretty card Kate. we all love freebies!

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie I love this such a gorgeous creation :0) Hugs Pops x x x

Sue said...

What a beautiful, delicate card, Kate. Love the pretty flowers and the pink is so lovely. She is going to love this card.

Hugs
Sue