Wednesday 5 February 2014

Spring Flowers!

Good Evening Crafty Friends and I hope everyone is well, but here is a BIG HUG if you're not, and get better soon.

Thank you all for the lovely comments on Moreen's gift bag, I do appreciate all the time you take to visit and comment, it gives me confidence in my crafting.

I've had some really nice days off, but I'm back at work tomorrow, so I'll not get too much crafting done over the next few days, so I've been trying to get a few made whilst I've been off.  I would have managed more but, having to go out to shops fairly takes up time, I have only managed to have one complete day at home, then when I thought I didn't need to go out for anything today, I find that I hadn't got stamping card. How can that happen!! anyway, I picked up a few bits and pieces whilst I was in Hobby Craft to keep me going.

So, here is today's card;
Some of you may recognise the image as being one of the stamps from LC's Stamp club for February.
The stamps are really lovely and make me thing of spring.
I've coloured the image with Prisma Colour Pencils and inked around the edges with DI Shabby Shutters.
XCut dies, SB corners
Green Core'dination card
First Editions New Leaf Paper
Sentiment from Hunkydory
Lace, Butterfly from my box
Hobby House Pearls
Glamour Dust
I don't usually use a DL card blank, but found this topper suited the shape.

Alistair has now finished his story and had me editing it this afternoon, it's is really very funny in parts, but he and his friends took some chances all those years ago, so I'm glad he is here to tell the tale.  I wonder what tale he will tell next, because if there is one thing my hubby is, it's a Storyteller.

I will love you and leave you now, off to have a tour around your lovely blogs, see you soon
 



 

27 comments:

Patricia said...

Super card Kate, love the sweet image and your great design.
Now!!! how can you possibly run out of Stamping Card............LOL!!!!
Mind you a good excuse to look around the crafty goods
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Patricia said...

Wow! your new header looks fantastic

Patricia xx

Hazel said...

Wow Kate you have been busy. Your new heading is great and how you have got Cullie and your feet with your wonderful socks on is perfect. Another great card to, and what an excuse to go shopping - you run out of stamping card!!! Only joking. Don't work to hard. Hazel xx

Sue said...

I LOVE your new look blog Kate, it looks fabulous especially the header.
Your card is gorgeous, such a beautiful image and pretty detailing too.
hugs Sue xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, I just love your new look of your blog, red dots are my favourite. Your card is beautiful, I love that pretty stamp and corner dies. Have a wonderful day.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is a really pretty and useful stamp isn't it, fab card

rachel said...

Hi Kate - love the new look of your blog - that photo looks fab - love your photo too - the stamp is lovely - not sure how I'm going to use mine - but it will get done - I really adore the new silhouette stamps xx

rachel said...

sorry that should read love your card too - oops - Rachel x

Marlene Atkinson said...

this is gorgeous Kate,have to meet up sometime for coffee. Marlene

pam said...

hi Kate, fantastic new blog layout, keep saying I`ll have a go at mine, but something is sure to happen and I`ll loose everything.
fantastis card, love that image and design
pam

Rita said...

Hi Kate. Love your new look blog, the header looks fantastic. Beautiful card and the stamping and colouring look great . Will Alistairs book be getting published ? Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kate your new look blog is fab Kate, love the picture. Wonderful card it does remind me of Spring lets hope it's not too far away now. Hope your work days go well. Susan x

Jules said...

Hi Kate

Loving the shape of that die you have stamped your image onto.

Great colouring and layout too.

Sounds like you have had a few nice days off work. Hopefully that will have re-charged your batteries a little.

Love Jules xx

Wendy Fraser said...

What a beautiful card, Such a gorgeous stamp. xx

Shona Hamill said...

Fantastic card Kate, love the stamp and Spring feel to it.Shona xx

Erika said...

Hi Kate.....first I'm loving the new look of your blog, very smart.
Great card too, that corner die is cute and the image works just lovely with the colour combo you have chosen.
Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate. Lovely image and design.
I love your new look blog too.
Lorraine x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Your new header is fabulous. . . A lovely pic of Cuillin and your socks!
Your card is super and, indeed, very Spring like and making me long for spots of colour in the garden.
Let us know when Alastair gets published. Would love to read about his fangling!
Hope its a quiet week back for you.
Ang x

PS. . . . .Another Nov meet up would be brilliant!

Hazel said...

Kate I fine when cutting the aster die out of tissue you need to have about six folds and I only use the three big dies. Hazel xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
great card, and what a lovely stamp. Fabulously coloured with those pencils. You are lucky to have a Hobbycraft place near you. The nearest to me is Maidsone which is 30 miles away, and my local craft shop just doesn't stock most of what I like to buy. For one they don't stock distress inks or stickles, which you should be able to buy in your local craft shop. I always have to buy on the internet, but sometimes you just need to be able to see what you want.
Love your new look blog. One of my favs OWLS.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Christine Harrop said...

Love your new look Kate. It's fabulous. And so is your card. Lovely spring like colours. Hugs Christine xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is perfect, hugs Pops x x

Sandy said...

Well first of all I want you to know how much I miss the picture of you and Alistair! It's not nice to fool Mother Nature. I do love that cat with what I am assuming is your feet!
Wonderful card - beautifully colored and so well done. I am not ready for Spring - we still have not had a good snow!! I love snow!!!
Kate I owe you an e-mail and I have not forgotten. Wish I had some Oat Cakes about now!!
Sandy xx

Teresa said...

Good morning Kate, gorgeous card with a beautiful image.
I hope you are well, have a great weekend, hugs Teresa x

May said...

Hi Kate, Love your card the image is beautiful...great colours too... Love your header is that your wee cat she is Lovely.....Hugs May x x x

Sue said...

Kate, love this taste of Spring in your card! Those corners are so pretty, and seeing the flowers makes one feel better. Lovely card.

Hugs
Sue

Unknown said...

This is so gorgeous! I love the soft colors :)

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty