Sunday 9 February 2014

Valentine Card!

Hello to you All, I hope you are well and not experiencing all this awful weather, there are still some parts of the country in a terrible state with the flooding, my heart goes out to you all, I hope you find relief soon.

Thank you all for visiting and leaving some wonderful comments, I appreciate them so much.

Alistair and I went along to Moreen's little family gathering for her birthday last evening and, what a lovely evening it wast, and I have to report that she loved her card and gift bag, her gifts too. She was so pleased that I didn't put a hug big 50 on the front of the card, everyone else had, not Damian though, he said he still wanted to be able to walk.  We are however at little worse for wear, not the alcohol I hasten to add, but just the late hour we got home, and I'd been working yesterday so was tired to begin with, but it was all worth it as Moreen had a lovely birthday.

Quiet day in the Currie household, just been pottering around and getting some crafting done, I been asked to make some cards for a friend, so I've been trying to think what to do, but my card today is one I made a couple of weeks ago;
Well you can see who it is for, I hope he likes it.
Tattered Lace heart die and letters die
Red Glittered Card
Core'dination Red and Black Card
Papermania Heart Embossing Folder with gilding wax, but doesn't show up
Silk Hearts from my box

I've been trying to get around your blogs, but for some reason blogger is not letting on to them, don't know why this should be and I managed to get on to one of them, it's so frustrating, but maybe it will sort it's self out.

Enjoy the remainder of your Sunday and hope to see you soon


25 comments:

Marlene Atkinson said...

this is gorgeous Kate, love the colours. Marlene

Rita said...

Beautiful card Kate. I'm sure Alistair will love it. Glad to hear Moreens birthday went well and that she loved her gifts and card from you. Hugs Rita xxx

Hazel said...

Great card, Kate Alistair will love it. Well he should as you have put so much in to it. You are not the only one having blogging problems, my I pad I playing up tonight, it has taken me ages to type this is keeps sticking. Hazel xx

rachel said...

this is wonderful Kate - love it and I'm really sure that Alistair will too. Glad you had a good night out even if it was a late one. Take care! Big hugs Rachel xx

Crafty Lark said...

Beautiful romantic card Kate. Love the drama. xx Flora

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Kate and Alistair will love it. I think sometimes Blogger has a mind of its own LOL have a fab week huggles Sue xx

Patricia said...

Good evening Kate, great card Alistair will love it. I really like the "font" of those letters, very effective.
Glad you hade a good evening .......... No wedding anouncement????
Never mind soon be Valentines Day you never know!!!
Hugs

Patricia xx

Christine Harrop said...

Great card Kate and the red and black look fabulous! Hope you feel a little more rested now. Hugs Christine xx

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Kate, I love the colours and elegant design and I am sure Alistair will be thrilled with it.
Glad you had a good evening.
hugs Sue xx

Shona Hamill said...

Lovely card Kate and fab dies you've used. I still haven't made one for Rab oops :(

Marie-Louise said...

Great card Kate.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
fab card. Love that great heart and the embossing too. I bet your hubby will love it.
I still have to make mine for my hubby.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, bet Alistair will love his card, I know I do. Tattered Lace are bring out some wonderful dies these days, I am very tempted to buy some more. I knew your card and gift bag would be loved.

Wilma x x x

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, Alistair's Valentine card is beautiful, he will love his card. I love the pretty heart die.

pam said...

hi Kate, fantastic valentine card for Alistair, what beautiful dies and embossing.
pam

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Beautiful card Kate. I love the heart these Tattered Lace dies are gorgeous I think I will have to get some! Glad you enjoyed your soiree even though it was a late night. Susan xx

Erika said...

Loving that heart die Kate, perfect for him in doors for Valentines day. My hubby asked at the weekend....so are we doing Valentines day or not this year....SO romantic! Not.
Hugs Erika.

Sue said...

Gorgeous Valentine for your sweetie. Love the color combo and that heart die and words are fabulous. He's going to love it.

Hugs
Sue

Pop's Cards said...

Simply Stunning!! hugs Pops x x x

Diane said...

Very pretty colors and die cuts Kate.

Hugs Diane

Jules said...

Hi Kate

I am sure he will love it!!

That heart die is gorgeous!

Hope all is well with you and you are having a good week.

Love Jules xx

Unknown said...

Glad you had a fun night out! I love your card today. That embossing is lovely.

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Norma said...

Happy to hear you had a great time:) The embossing on the black card stock is lovely and your hubby will love the card:) Have a great evening and thank you for stopping by today:)
Hugs,
Norma

May said...

So glad you both enjoyed the party, your card is Beautiful... Love the red & black..the embossing is fabulous as is the lovely heart...Hugs May x x

Sandy said...

So very beautiful - Are you giving the card to Alistair tonight at dinner? You are going to have to tell us what you had and if the restaurant lived up to its reputation.
Sandy xx