Wednesday 25 March 2015

All of a Flutter!

Hello to Everyone, and I hope your day has been better than mine. I'm sure you've all had them, the sort of day when nothing goes  right, keep dropping things, tripping, and feeling like I should call a halt to day and begin again.  My lentil soup, split over the a cushion seat of the sofa and a bit of the carpet, just to put the tin lid on it. I could have wept, and this was because I put the bowl on the arm
of the sofa the whilst I answered the door, and I wish I hadn't. I know, I know stupid place to lay it down, but there you go. I've given it as good a clean as I can at the moment, but you can see that it's staining, of course Teallach was over trying to help by licking it up, so I was attempting to keep him at bay. Then Bloody Blogger was playing up, couldn't get on to it, or any websites. The circle just kept turning, eventually I'm here at last.

Thank you all for the lovely comments on my last card, you are kind and I do appreciate each one.
My offering today is a tag, not something I make really unless for Christmas gifts and this one has come by default as I was trying to do a water colour wash as a background and made a bit of a botch of it, but didn't want to discard it completely, see what you think;
As you can see my card is for Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge, and unfortunately the colours are not too good in my photo, but I have tried to replicated the colours for the challenge.
I've used images for CB All of a Flutter stamp set and coloured with Ink Intense and Prismacolour pencils. DI for the background on Strathmore Watercolour Paper. Star Dust and gems, ribbon and pearls from my box.

Well back to work tomorrow, and I hope we will have some news about our continued existence as there was a big meeting between the Bigwigs on Monday,  I just wonder why it takes so long to decide, both the staff and our clients are fed up with the state of limbo.

Anyway, I'll away and get the dishes washed, my dishwasher is away at his music evening, so take care everyone and this post will be my last live post till I'm back from holiday, I've scheduled my CCC for Sunday.
I would like to enter my cards into;
http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/challenge-nine.html

27 comments:

Hazel said...

Kate, you haven't had a good day at all, I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you. Your tag is brilliant, just love it. Hazel x

Julie Smith said...

A beautiful tag, i think the background is lovely so whatever you did seems to have been covered pretty well! Thank you for entering the Chocolate Baroque Challenge and good luck.

Rita said...

Oh Kate, I get days like this quite often. I love your tag and the colours look amazing. Just enjoy your holiday and rest and relax and come back refreshed. Hugs Rita xxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Kate, such a beautiful design and I really love the colours.
hugs Sue xx

Unknown said...

Oh this is gorgeous!! Love the colours!
Lucy x

Carol said...

I think we all get days like that Kate. Love your tag the colours are beautiful. Enjoy your holiday. Carol x

Patricia said...

Oh! Kate not the best of days was it.
Never mind your Tag is beautiful from where I am sitting.
Love the colour and design.
Gosh your holiday has come round quickly. Have a wonderful time ....... just think no washing dishes!!!
Hugs
Patricia xxx

Marlene Atkinson said...

Oh Kate I really feel for you, this cold seems to go on forever. Hope you feel better soon, gorgeous tag, gorgeous colours. Marlene

Marie-Louise said...

I think your tag is gorgeous Kate. Have a wonderful holiday.

pam said...

Sorry you have had a bad day Kate, we all get them when nothing goes right!!!.
Fabulous tag, gorgeous colours..
Hugs Pam .

Christine Harrop said...

Oh dear Kate, I think we all have days like that at times. Hope today is better!! Your tag is lovely and the colour is super. Hugs Christine xx

Doreen said...

Love your tag,I do hope today is better for you.xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Oh dear Kate some days it doesn't pay to get up! Sounds like you are ready for a holiday! Your tag looks lovely from where I am sitting! Have a wonderful time hugs Susan x

aussie aNNie said...

Dear Kate, days like that are horrible but there is light at the end of the tunnel...look at what you have made just proves it...A beautiful tag, the colours are brilliant as is the design.xxx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Pop's Cards said...

This is simply stunning sweetie, hugs Pops x

meg said...

Great little tag in beautiful colours Kate,enjoy your holiday

cotnob said...

Your tag is beautiful Kate, such gorgeous colours.
Have a wonderful holiday.
Pauline
x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Well I can't see a botch up, just a very pretty and lovely coloured tag.
Ah, you gotta love a feline carpet cleaner lol!
As for Blogger, I'm behind commenting as this week its been a pain trying to get onto peoples blogs!
Have a wonderful relaxing holiday and no visiting any dodgy museums on this trip (I remember that Icelandic one lol!)
I finally start the new job on Monday so spare me a wee thought.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Sue said...

I have these days all the time Kate I always feel like going back to bed and starting again! Fab tag you have made its lovely..lots of huggles Sue xxx

Erika said...

Oh Kate you sound like you've had a rough day. I hope tomorrow is better.
On the up side your tag is beautiful, great colour combination and love all the images.

Hope news about work is good too.

Hugs Erika. x

rachel said...

I think this is really pretty Kate - the colours look awesome! Big hugs Rachel xx

Sandy said...

I am so sorry about your soup spill and I hope you will be pleasantly surprised that it does not really stain or at least not too badly.
Your tag is lovely - wonderful colors!
Sandy xx

vic said...

Gorgeous tag Kate and the colours are lovely :)
Have a lovely weekend
Hugs
Vic xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Hope your holiday is wonderful Kate and that you get good news from your work. Your tag has my favourite colour combo so I'm partial, it is beautiful!

Love and hugs
Maarit

judith@poppy cottage said...

A great tag Kate, lovely background and it all worked out in the end. Thanks for entering the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful tag Kate - great stamping and colouring. Love it!
Sylvia xx

Peanut said...

What a beautiful tag, Kate. Fab colours and I love your choice of stamps.Thank you playing along in Chocolate Baroque’s 9th Colour Challenge. A new colour challenge has started and I hope you’ll join us again.
hugs, Asha