Friday 13 March 2015

Oldie for Friday~ The Match!

Good Morning my Lovely Crafty Friends, and Anyone who visits me. Welcome to my blog on this lovely fair morning. It looks as if it might be a bright day, if cold.

I hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend, I hope that the weather will be better for it here, well everywhere really.

Just a short post today in order to play along with Erika of Snappycraft Blog, who began the "Oldie for Friday", showing your crafty makes from an earlier time, it's fun and good to see how we all progress and improve. Here is my offering today;
This was a commissioned card and I used a La Pash image from a set called The Way We Were, at least I think that is what it was called.  I still have them somewhere, never again used, just one of the many C&C buys which I thought at the time was fantastic,but in reality, not everything in the set was usable for me. We live and learn.  Anyway, this particular was just perfect for the occassion as the Dad, love his footy and was a great supporter of our local amature team.

I'm off to work now, Alistair went away early this morning to climb in the Cairngorms and Teallach is sound asleep as he has been on the tiles all night.
Have a super day whatever you get up to and see you soon.




21 comments:

cotnob said...

A fabulous oldie share Kate, I have this kit stashed away somewhere as well!
Pauline
x

Marie-Louise said...

This is marvellous Kate. I think we all have made the mistake of buying kits and then finding that we cannot use most of it. Cold and bright here this morning also.

PharmacyMichele said...

Great card. I have also bought many kits etc only to realise that I won't use a lot of it-probably why my craft room is sooooo full!!!

Michele

Patricia said...

Good morning Kate,
Love, love, love your brilliant card.
We have all done have we not!!! Looks good on the telly BUT realality is a whole other Ballpark.
Hope your day was a good one
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Jacee said...

Perfect for a chap Kate, always a bit difficult to make for them, but this is smashing!
hugs Jacee

Simply Paper Card Design

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
oh what a great Oldie for Friday.
Love the fab scene on this wonderful card.
Yes isn't it a pity that some of the images in these sets you buy never get used because they are not always as good.
I have made a few of those mistakes myself, and have quite a few tucked away in drawers.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

How fabulous Kate, love the image. Enjoy your weekend hugs Susan x

Carol said...

A wonderful oldie Kate...luckily I'd stopped succumbing by the time these came out!! Carol x

Shona Hamill said...

Great oldie Kate, and perfect for a male card. Have a fab weekend. Hugs, Shona xx

Peanut said...

That's a lovely image from the past, Kate. A time when you could stand and watch the game. Beautifully coloured too. Have a fab weekend!
hugs, Asha

rachel said...

a wonderful oldie Kate - this is brilliant and I bet it was loved xx

pam said...

Brilliant oldie Kate, still love these image, come in really handy.
I replied and sent you a link, to what you asked me..
Hugs Pam x

Diane said...

Good Afternoon Kate what a perfect masculine image and card design.

Hugs Diane

Hazel said...

A brilliant card Kate. Oh yes everything looks great till you get past the first few images/pages been there and done that. Hope Alistair had a good day. And that work wasn't to bad for yourself. As for Teallach he will have enjoyed the peace while he caught up on lost sleep. Hazel x

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning creation sweetie...

Have a great Saturday...

Huggles Pops x x x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous card Kate, love it!

Erika said...

A great oldie Kate, love the image. Thanks for sharing your oldie with me this week.
Have a super weekend, hugs Erika. x

meg said...

Great card for a footie fan Kate

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, your card Masculine card is gorgeous. Hugs Anet x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
What a super card for a footie fan.
We've probably all got a rarely used stash from C&C lurking in our craft spaces lol!
Have a great week.
Ang x

Sue said...

Love this image, very detailed, and does remind me of a time long ago, very vintage looking. Great guy card too.

Hugs
Sue