Friday 26 June 2015

"Friday Oldie" and a Starving Kitty!

Good Afternoon Everyone, and I hope you are all well and have plans of a terrific weekend.  Let's hope that we all have some good Summer weather. Hasn't it been awful, can hardly believe that we are almost out of June and the weather has been so dark, cold and rainy. However nothing we can do about that, except wear the right clothes as Billy Connolly would say.  We are quite thundery here in Inverness, muggy warmth.

Thank you for your kind comments on yesterdays card and your words if encouragement as I begin my retirement, it's all a bit strange, but at least I remembered not to get up for work, but I has to get up and go for food for Teallach, can you believe he had none in his cupboard, he wasn't amused I can tell you and this has never happened before, so it just goes to show where my head was to forget to stock up in cat food. In fact here was the consequences of that;
Good I've spotted my breakfast!


Where'd he go!
Poor boy has now been well fed and is curled up on his cushion fast asleep.

My "Oldie" for today;
One of my favourite stamps from Papermaina, and I think it's Promarkers I used to colour it. It's a large stamps so makes a super topper.

Why not join Erika of Snappy Crafts showing handmade projects from earlier in your crafting career. It's just a bit of fun and it's god to see how you've progressed, changed style and even all the different crafts that you do.

It's my friend Linda's 60th today so I'm joining her and her mum along with another friend for a meal tonight. She is having a party tomorrow night, but I'm not a party person, so this will be lovely tonight.

That's me for now folks, I must try and get around to see you over the weekend, so take care and see you soon,



24 comments:

Patricia said...

Good afternoon Kate,,
What are you like??? forgetting about the poor wee cat!!!
Love your card, that's a gtreat image so beaufifully coloured and embellished.
Have a great time with your friends.
Hugs
Patricia xxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Poor T Boy! Hope he got a nice juicy steak as an apology (there are some moments where just Whiskas won't do!)
Fab festive creation with your sleigh.
Enjoy your meal out tonight.
Ang x

meg said...

Smashing oldie Kate, looks like a wonderful stamp. Poor Teallach, I'm sure he wasn't amused being left hungry.Our cat would eat all day long if you put out enough food, he steals the poor dogs food at every opportunity.

I hope you enjoy your evening.

Hazel said...

Kate, love the photos, would you believe I carry a box of cat food in my car, and we don't own one? But the amount of times I have gone to work or ?Gillian's and there hasn't been any to feed the cats. So it's pay off a few times. Love your oldie I completely forgot it was Friday.
Kate you will wonder how you managed to work and craft etc. since I cut my hours I find I can't fit in less. Enjoy your meal. Hazel x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Poor Teallach :( love the photo's Kate, a cat is very resourceful and he soon started looking for his own breakfast.
Love the Christmas card, I have that sleigh stamp too and it makes a super card front.
Hope you have a lovely meal this evening and enjoy your weekend.
Lorraine

Erika said...

Your cat has purrfect ideas of what he is having for tea!
A great card Kate, I love your bright and cheerful colour combination.
Have a super meal out tonight, just back from one myself with the family after seeing the new Minions film.

Thanks for sharing an oldie, have a super weekend, hugs Erika. x

PharmacyMichele said...

Great Christmas card. Love the cat photos!!

Michele

Sue said...

Wonderful photos Kate, really made me smile!
Your card is gorgeous, I love the image and beautiful colours.
I hope you have a fabulous time tonight celebrating your friend's birthday.
hugs Sue xx

Carol said...

A super oldie Kate, what a great stamp. You'll soon wonder how you found time to go to work lol ! Carol x

Unknown said...

Hi Kate,
Sorry I haven't been commenting, anywhere, recently. The weather may be rubbish, but there are lots of visitors around. They are either climbing the Ben, walking the West Highland Way, or heading to Skye. Whatever hey are doing, it's keeping me busy, and has eaten into my crafting time.
Hope you enjoy your retirement, once you get your head around the idea. If you are like most folk, you will soon be wondering ow you had time to work.
Cheers
Janice

rachel said...

great oldie Kate! My cat Mischief loves it when I forget to buy cat food - I always get very guilty and open a tin of tuna!!! She loves that xx

pam said...

Hi Kate, hope you had a good night and enjoyed your meal.
Poor Teallach! no food, great photos.
Lovely Christmas card, great stamp.
Hugs Pam x

aussie aNNie said...

Ha the kitty pics were hilarious, made me laugh for the first time in days, thank you Kate....love your gorgeous card as well. enjoy your meal.xxxx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,lovely design and details.xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
sorry I missed this yesterday.
Oh poor kitty, I'm sure she will excuse her Mum for the slight forgetfulness.
Beautiful creation, and what a wonderful stamp to have in ones collection.
I love the glitter just peeking from part of it.
Have a lovely weekend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

downrightcrafty said...

this is gorgeous love it just beautiful
hugs Kate xx

vic said...

Beautiful card Kate and I'm glad your enjoying the start of your retirement let's hope we get some sunny days soon :)
Have a lovely weekend
Hugs
Vic xx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Lovely Christmas card Kate. Enjoyed your story about Teallah and I'm sure he didn't go hungry for too long. Lucky bird took off. LOL. Congrats on your retirement. Now you can craft all day long. How fun is that? ENJOY!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Best wishes on your retirement. I was made redundant in 2013 so after 53 years of working I am also retired. I find there are not enough hours in the day to do all the craft I want to do.

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning sweetie, and my cats do this too so it made me smile :0) hugs Pops x

cotnob said...

A fabulous oldie Kate, a lovely Christmas card.
Fun photos, I'm sure Teallach has forgiven you!
Pauline
x

Diane said...

Greetings Kate, congratulations on your retirement. Love the story and pictures of Teallach trying to catch his breakfast. What a gorgeous holiday stamp and lovely details of your card.

Hugs diane

Sue said...

Beautiful sleigh with packages. Makes a great Christmas card and love the traditional colors. Your furboy's pictures are wonderful!

Hugs
Sue

Peanut said...

Richard Parker is unaffected by birds. Something wrong with him! Your wee guy is soooo cute. Super oldie, BTW.... I sometimes forget about the card!
hugs Asha