Friday 10 July 2015

For You "Friday Oldie"!

Hello to You All this fine wet, dull, cool morning, doesn't bode well for the weekend does it, nevertheless it's a day and I hope you  are tip top.  I only bother about the weather in terms of getting my washing out, is that sad or what???

Thank you all for the lovely comments on my last card, comments always welcome, and appreciated too.

I'm here with my "Oldie for Friday" all started by our lovely Erika of Snappy Crafts and you can find her blog here. The idea is that you show something you've made at an earlier stage in your crafting career, doesn't have to be a card, it could be knitting, sewing, photographs, canvasses, just whatever you've handmade, so why not join in the fun, it's good to see too how your style has improved, changed, developed and all that kind of thing.  Here is mine for this week;
A PB Slapstick stamp, another of my favourite stamps and coloured with Promarkers, Papers are from Papermaina. 

Well, it's they type of day for staying in and doing a spot of crafting and that is just what I'm going to do, and also try to ignore any housework needing doing, mind you, I have just started reading my friend's new book and I'm only a few pages in and I'm hooked.  If you are looking for a good holiday read that puts a smile on your face and give food for thought, why not give it a try, in fact this is book is  the second in which will be a trilogy called Marilyn's Daughter, the first book is Cafe Paradise and the author is Patricia Comb.  I love the first book, it was such a feel good one and just know that Patricia's second book will be the same.

We are heading into the weekend, so I hope you have some good plans and that you enjoy them, so cheerio for now,



20 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

I am loving the colours on this creation sweetie hugs Pops x

Erika said...

Morning Kate, a lovely card today. Love the cute image and your colour combo.
Thank you for joining me in sharing an oldie today and have a super weekend. x

I know what you mean about reading, I've started the Outlander series, just had the battle at Culloden!
Can't put it down.

Hugs Erika. x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a glorious Oldie today.
Wonderful colour combo, and what a very lovely image.
Sorry to say we have lots of sunshine here in my part of the south of England.
Hope you are enjoying your time being a lady of leisure. lol.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely 'oldie' share for today, I do love Penny Black stamps and especially the cats. Lovely colouring and if you enlarge the picture you can see the glorious sparkle form the glitter too.
Enjoy your day!
Lorraine

aussie aNNie said...

Fabby oldie Kate, as always you show the best.xxx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Marlene Atkinson said...

A gorgeous card Kate, I like the Pussy Cat, he looks like your Teallach. Gorgeous colours and layout. Marlene

Diane said...

Greetings Kate, thank you for the lovely comment, what a super cute card design. Adorable image and love all the different papers and angles.

Hugs Diane

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Kate, I love the cute image and beautiful colours.
hugs Sue xx

Peanut said...

We've had a dull and cloudy day too...I'm not even thinking about the washing.Your card is just adorable, Kate...looks just like your sweet fur-babe.
hugs, Asha

cotnob said...

A fabulous oldie share Kate, such a sweet image.
Have a great weekend.
Pauline
x

pam said...

Beautiful oldie card Kate, love this cute image and colours.
Hugs Pam x

Hazel said...

Another beautiful oldie Kate, yes we aren't having that great weather are we? Hazel xx

rachel said...

its a lovely oldie today Kate - that stamp is wonderful ....the book sounds good too - I just started a new one that I bought for my holidays - I'm on about chapter 5 - all good so far! I like books where nothing too drastic happens - Shaun used to call them boring books! He always liked horror and crime - I called them nasty books! We are all different eh? Hugs rachel xx

Patricia said...

Hello Kate, love your brilliant card.
Great image so beautifully coloured.
Might just have to go look for that book, I am needing things read.
Thank you for your help this week.
Have a great weekend
Patricia xxx

meg said...

Wonderful oldie Kate love that Penny Black stamp that cat has a mischevious glint in his eye

Stamping With Bibiana said...

what a cute card
warm hello from sunny California
bibiana
current "Throwback Thursday challenge" at my blog: any shaped card

PharmacyMichele said...

Gorgeous card-love the cat image.

Michele

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Gorgeous puddy tat stamp. Would have thought it was a printed topper so great colouring.
Hope that ironing is done lol!
Ang x

vic said...

Hi Kate oh that fat cat is so cute!!! What a really pretty card! I'm glad your having some craft time too good for you :)
Hope you have a lovely week
Hugs
Vic x

Sue said...

Love these Penny Black cats! Great coloring on this one too. Fun card.

Hugs
Sue