Friday 26 February 2016

Chinese Lanterns for Friday Oldie!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are all well and enjoying your Friday whatever you're up to. We have another beautiful sunny day and not just so cold.
I can hardly believe where this week has disappeared to and here we are almost at the weekend and time for sharing another "Oldie".
Erika of Snappy Crafts began sharing cards she had made at an earlier stage in her crafting career and invited anyone who wanted to join in, you can find Erika's blog here.  It's all just a bit of fun, and it's good to look back at what you made a while back and see how your crafting has changed.

Here is mine for this week;
I love this LOTV stamp of Chinese lanterns,  I can't remember what they are coloured with, but more than likely Promarkers.  My style has definitely changed over the time I've been making cards because I make less cards with flowers as embellishments or dies shapes, and I'm trying to create my own backgrounds with inks rather than use papers, although I have loads of gorgeous paper pads, so I will have to use them up at some point.

I had a lovely day in Glasgow on Wednesday, good weather and a good journey down. As the bus wasn't busy I had no one sitting beside me so I could spread myself out and I got on with my knitting.
I had a lovely lunch in the Willow Tea Rooms, all Rennie Macintosh designed, and then got on with the business of wandering around the shops.  I didn't spend much but had a good time rummaging around.

Thank you all for the lovely comments about my last card, always so kind and I do appreciate them.

Off now to put a bit of lunch together, have a great day and take care of yourselves,

  

24 comments:

Marlene Atkinson said...

Gorgeous card Kate, I love the Chinese Lanterns. Marlene

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is so pretty, I remember that paper pad too.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous card, love the paper and lantern stamp, I love anything oriental.
Glad you had a lovely shopping day too.
Lorraine

Barb said...

A lovely Oldie Kate. It's good to look back at what we used to make. Glad you enjoyed your day out on Wednesday. Have a good weekend. Barbxx

Erika said...

Your trip to Glasgow sounds like fun, and productive on route.
A super card, love the Chinese lanterns and your colour combo.
Thanks for joining me I sharing an oldie today and have a super weekend.

Hugs Erika. X

Jo said...

Lovely oldie Kate, bright & cheery.....just the thing for these dreary days. Have a lovely weekend xx

pam said...

Beautiful oldie card Kate.
Glad you had a good day on your outing.
Pam x

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous, love this creation Kate, and the beauty shows through your work...have a good weekend.xx

{aNNie}

Patricia said...

Sunny Saturday morning to you Kate,
Gosh I nearly missed this beautiful card, I love it.
The addition of the little flowers just finishes it off perfectly.
Glad you had a good day in Glasgow, just wish I could have popped through to meet up..
Hopefully Hazel and I will get up to see you soon.
Have a fantastic weekend
Patricia xxx

Jane said...

Lol...I have visions of you on the bus, feet up, flask, cake and a dainty tray knitting away. Nice to look back on our old styles of cards, I could squirm at some of mine. :-)

Jane said...

Lol...I have visions of you on the bus, feet up, flask, cake and a dainty tray knitting away. Nice to look back on our old styles of cards, I could squirm at some of mine. :-)

Lorraine said...

A lovely card Kate, fab image and colours
Have a good weekend
Lorraine x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
A lovely shabby chic feel to this one.
Sounds like you had lunch in grand surroundings.
Have a great weekend.
Ang x

Hazel said...

Kate, your card is gorgeous. Love what you have done. Like you I don't know where the time is going, then again I slept two days away this week with this flu thing. As big sister has said we need to get organised to come up and see you. Enjoy the weekend what ever you are doing. Hazel X

meg said...

A timeless card Kate, love your colouring and the little die cut bird at the bottom left. Glad you had a good day in Glasgow.

Flo Langley said...

Hi Kate. This is sooo pretty.
Hugs Flo xx

cotnob said...

Such a pretty oldie share Kate, a lovely image - it's amazing how much our style changes over time isn't it.
Pauline
x

Peanut said...

Those lanterns are so pretty, Kate.
x Asha

Diane said...

What a gorgeous card design Kate and the Chinese lanterns are so pretty.

Hugs Diane

Anne said...

Just gorgeous Kate, I have this stamp and never used it.
It's suitable fir so many occasions so thanks for the reminder!

Anne xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

I'm glad to hear that you had a great shopping trip Kate.

The card is absolutely gorgeous, so beautiful detailing and a lovely image.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Sandra Cox said...

That is delightful.

Sue said...

Pretty card with the lanterns. I like the flowers on the card, but they are harder to put in the mail. Take care, Kate.

Hugs
Sue

Karen Petitt said...

I think I have that stamp Kate but not inked it yet, I know I had that paper too but used it up last year. The tea rooms sound awesome and somewhere I would love to visit Karen xx