Wednesday 15 June 2016

Seaside Canvas!

Hello Everyone, I'm wondering if I've gone through a time warp and landed up in November! Boy has it been wet, dull and cold,I've had to put some heating on and I'm just out of the shower to try and get some heat in me. I hope wherever you are that the weather is better. 

Thank you all for the lovely Birthday wishes, both in Blogland and FB. I had a lovely birthday and a fabulous Indian meal in the evening with  Moreen and Damian's, oh and Alistair too. Beautiful gifts, but nothing crafty. And on Monday the beautiful candy I won from Wendy Spanish  Crafter arrived, and OMG! What a wonderful prize to receive. There are lots of gorgeous hand made stick pins,tiny book, crochet embellishments, oh I could go on and on,and all encased in a stunning material book with lace and buttons, I am so lucky to have won it and coming when it did, well it was like another birthday gift. Wendy is a hugely talented lady.

Anyway, I've been having a go at creating a canvas,inspired by Jennifer of Crafting Rainbows and you can find Jennifer's blog here.  Jennifer also designs many of the samples for Imagination Crafts. 
Here's my canvas, and don't laugh please!!, 
I have used Starlights to paint the canvas, and then stuck on little bits of the gorgeous Rice Paper, the sun is made with Sparkling Medium, all from Imagination Crafts. 
Stamps from Creative Stamping magazine, colored with Derwent pencils, little shells and some sandpaper.  I've just made the little birds with a black Pen.  If you pop in to Jennifer's blog you'll see the real deal.  I did have fun making it though, and can see where I could improve. 

Well it's wall to wall footy here, sick of it and it's only the first week.  I got a bit of respite this afternoon as I was in sole charge of Milo as Damian wasn't able to get home at lunch time.  I think this is how I got chilled as we got awfully wet when out for our walk, and then the back door was opened so that the pup could get into the garden. He is getting so big and strong. I made a cuppa when we got back and the toerag wouldn't let me sit down, every sofa I tried to sit on he got to it first, this went on for a few minutes, of course he thought it was great fun, I gave up and sat on his big cushion, didn't seem to mind that.  He is adorable, but I'm so glad that we have a cat.

Thanks for you kind comments on my last post, I love reading them and appreciate your time.   Till next time, take care, 




25 comments:

cotnob said...

Your canvas is gorgeous Kate, I love the background you have created and all of the lovely seaside elements you have added are fabulous. I keep saying that I will have a go at mixed media but never seem to get around to it - thank you for the inspiration.
Pauline
x

Valerija said...

Wonderful sea canvas Kate, lovely image and colours.
Valerija xx

Barb said...

Hi Kate, your canvas is absolutely beautiful and there.s so much to look at. I love it. Belated birthday wishes. Barb xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous canvas Kate I've bought a couple to have a go at this mixed media lol It is really awful here tonight fog and that horrible drizzly rain I wonder if we are going to get any summer at all! Your prize sounds absolutely great as well..take care and hope you warm through lots of huggles Sue xx

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Kate, wow! I'm loving your mixed media seaside canvas, so much of interest to see and it looks so inviting. Thank you so much for mentioning my name and blog, I really appreciate that. The weather here has been dull but fortunately it hasn't rained I'm pleased to say. The forecast for the weekend looks quite good! maybe we'll get the lawns cut again! they are growing so fast, along with all the weeds lol!! Take care and enjoy the rest of your week Kate.
Love and hugs Jennifer xx.

Marie-Louise said...

Marvellous canvas Kate. You are very talented.

rachel said...

this is brilliant Kate - I have no idea why I should laugh? Love it. Sorry to hear about the weather but very pleased you had a great birthday! Hugs rachel x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Are you bonkers gal? What on earth is there to laugh at? This is amazing!
Actually, you are bonkers walking the dog in the rain lol!
Take care.
Ang x

Maureen Killen said...

Hello Kate,
Love this canvas, the seaside theme is brilliant.
Maureen x

brenda said...

Love today's creation, very inspirational Kate. And weather, same here.

B x

meg said...

Hi Kate glad you enjoyed your birthday meal, we love Indian food here too.
The canvas is truly beautiful the colours and composition are superb and I love the embellishments.

aussie aNNie said...

Now Kate why would one laugh, I just love this. Very creative and summer moodie, fabulous..Beautiful creation..love your sweet images and colours are great...xx {aNNie}

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Glad you had a good Birthday, was pleased you won that lovely candy. Not been cold here for a while now thank goodness. Your canvas is fabulous, so clever

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautifully themed seaside canvas Kate. I love all the elements you have included in the design.
Lorraine

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Kate! Love the theme you have used and gorgeous elements.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Erika said...

Kate I love your seaside canvas. That looks like Hopeman ;) just not today. Weather pants here too.
Your crafty winning sound lovely too. Have you got a piccie to show us?

Enjoy the rest of the football!! Crafting. :)

Hugs Erika. x

Christine Harrop said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous Kate! I have never tried a canvas but you have made a super job of it! Thankfully John is not a football fan - he's into rugby - so good news here. Hugs Chrisitne xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
I think your canvas is fab.
Love the wonderful beach scene, and the lovely mixed media used on it.
I too have never tried a canvas.
Wendy's candy sounds fantastic.
We too have been experiencing horrid cold spells in the South also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Cara said...

Love your canvas, bet you wished it was that warm and sunny today. Your comment about having a cat made me giggle. Cara x

Mrs A. said...

Gosh Kate, This is just great. I love the seaside look you have gone for. It is perfect. It did start off quite nice here today and managed lunch in the garden but then it bucketed down and its set to rain all day tomorrow too. Glad I got the shopping all done this morning. Hugs Mrs A.

pam said...

Brilliant canvas Kate, love the seaside theme and decoration..
Congrats on your win from Wendy.
Pam x

Flo Langley said...

Wonderful canvas Kate. Belated Birthday wishes. Sending birthday hugs.
Flo xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Hi Kate, your canvas is a real stunner! I think you've done an amazing job and those stamps look fabulous. I bought the same magazine, and with the exception of the Seahorse and Rope stamps, I haven't used the others yet and I've had them for absolutely ages. I thinks you've done a superb job creating all the different textures and the sea shells give it great dimension, I love, love, love it. Have a wonderful weekend, Sandra :)x

Peanut said...

WOW! What an amazing canvas, Kate. The details are perfect.
x Asha

Sandy said...

Well I am laughing but not at your canvas. I am laughing at your statement that you are so glad you have a cat. I have been wanting a dog lately but I think you reminded me that I really don't want a dog!
I love your canvas Kate - sure hope you had fun making it. It sure does look fun - is that you in a bathing suit? Oh la la. Love the shells you have added.
Sandy xx