Sunday 25 September 2016

Snow Globe Shaker!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are well and enjoying your Sunday.
We are enjoying a quiet day here at home, not gallivanting anywhere just a wee bit of food shopping and catching up with things around the house.

The concert we attended last night was excellent, Mahler has composed the most wonderful music and the small orchestra who performed  were brilliant. It was a lovely way to spend the evening. Not comfortable though as the venue as in the cathedral, not comfy seats, my back was aching at the end, but I guess old churches were not built for comfort. However the acoustics were terrific.

Thank you all who have visited me and left comments on my last card, you are all very kind and I do appreciated each and every comment.

I have something new to share today, it's a first for me, might be a last too as it was so fiddly, a snow globe card;
All the stamps used are from Creative Stamping magazine, it's a lovely selection of stamps this month. The globe is heat embossed with WOW silver powder and painted with Starlight paints around the rim of the globe. Sentiment embossed also with WOW powder.
 Fawns are coloured with pencils and a little sequin as a bauble. Papers are from First Edition Silent Night and Centura Pearl card in Platinum. SB Decorative Circles to mat the globe on to.
Embellishment Attic Snow and Ice inside the globe to make the shaker.

The globe is a wee bit rough and ready, but it doesn't look too bad I think.

I don't do many challenges but I thought I would it into;
https://scrapsoflifebyscrappymo.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/september-rudolph-days-challenge.html

Well that's me for today, a wee bit of ironing to do then a bit of a sit down with my book before getting the dinner sorted.
Take care of yourselve and enjoy what's left of the weekend,


24 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Kate, love the design and images. I hope you have had a great weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

brenda said...

It's a lovely creation Kate, I always think shaker cards are such fun and something a little different.

B x

Christine Harrop said...

I have never made a shaker card and I keeo saying I am going to do so - ah well, one of these days ..... YOu have done a great job with this one Kate and it looks super. Hugs Christine xx

Marlene Atkinson said...

WowKate this is stunning,love it. Marlene

meg said...

Kate this is a stunner, love the colours and the shaker element

Flo Langley said...

Gorgeous card Kate. Beautifully made. Snow globes are perfect for a shaker card. Clever you. Pleased to hear you enjoyed the concert and had lovely evening.
Take care, Flo xx

dutchess said...

Well worth all the fiddle Kate it's a stunning card....and all from the magazine that's ace!.....lovely day here so just home from a long day out walking at a lovely national trust place.....washing dried and sheets going back on the bed smelling lovely and fresh.Enjoy what's left of the weekend xxxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
good to see you entering the Rudolf challenge with this delightful card.
The papers are locely and your snow globe is wonderful.
So glad you enjoyed the concert.
I have a snow globe stamp and havn't plucked up enough courage to use it yet.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card Kate... Love shaker cards
Hugs Sylvie xx

rachel said...

this is brilliant Kate - a really wonderful make. Big hugs rachel x

cotnob said...

A super card Kate, such a fabulous design.
I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the concert - I hope your back has recovered.
Pauline
x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Looks superdooper to me so well worth your time and fiddling chuck.
Glad you enjoyed your concert. I can imagine how wonderful it would sound in a cathedral setting.
Hope Milo's deposits are back to normal lol!
Ang x

Valerija said...

Really beautiful Christmas card. I like all the details.
Valerija xx

KandA said...

Hi Kate, not sure what happened to the link from Rudolph Days but it took me to one of your older creations but I'm here now. Your snowglobe card id fabulous and I love the colours. Thanks for joining in the fun over at Rudolph Days xx

Barb said...

Your card is a stunner Kate and the shaker element works beautifully on you design. I have this set but haven't used it yet. So glad you enjoyed your concert last night. Barbxx

pam said...

Gorgeous shaker card Kate! love the deer`s and colours..
glad you had a lovely time last night.
Pam x

Jennifer Johnston said...

A very pretty Christmas card Kate, I love the colours you have used and the addition of the sequins.
I too have just recently made a card, using the exact same stamps. A great set of free stamps! Have a good week Kate.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

scrappymo! said...

The musical part of your outing sounds delightful...but not the seats...your poor back!

This is such a pretty card. Love your design...lots of layers and you have created such a sweet snowglobe.

Thanks for taking part in the Sept Rudolph Days Challenge.

Sue said...

Hi Kate, a snowglobe makes the best shaker card, after all it is supposed to snow, right! Love the silver and the sweet deer. I recently got a fuse tool, and it makes making shaker cards so much easier and seals all that glittery stuff in tight, love it. Beautiful card.

Hugs
Sue

Erika said...

Hi Kate, I've joined you all with the Rudolph challenge today, get me doing Christmas cards before December! LOL.
I think your snow globe is beautiful, love the little fawns too.
Hope you've had a good day today?
It's getting more Autumnal here. Brr! Soon be putting the heating back on.

Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

Marie-Louise said...

Super card Kate.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely card the snow globe looks fab

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I think it's gorgeous and well worth all the fiddling Kate. Lovely snow scene inside the snow globe and beautiful background design too.
Lorraine

Peanut said...

What a lovely snowglobe, Kate. And I love how you've framed it with the die cuts.
x Asha