Tuesday 10 January 2017

Musical Fanfare and Rowan!

Hello Everyone how are you all today?  Well I hope.
I am feeling much better thankfully, still a bit of the snuffles, and blood sugars are still up, but getting there. Alistair too is much better, thank you all so much for your get well wishes, and also for the lovely comments on my CCC cards.

Well, without further ado, here is Rowan;
 Rowan is our newest family member and she is a 10 week old Cocker Spaniel. Damian sent me word this morning that she is now in her new home. I had no idea that he and Moreen were thinking of another dog, but she will be company for Milo. She is absolutely adorable and tiny compared to Milo when he first arrived.  She is a gorgeous chocolate colour, and of course I hot footed it over to have a cuddle,
Milo is very taken with her and she with him, and the cats are fine too.  She is just a wee bundle of gorgeousness, but Milo is making sure that he is still getting plenty of cuddles too. So, there you go another Grandpet.
Now, I think it was Shirley who was asking if the animals in my photos were mine, so just to say they are my Son and DIL's. They have never wanted children, their animals are their babies. My own fur baby is a gorgeous cat who goes by the name of Teallach, and is loved to bits.

Anyway, I do have a card,
Another for the CB colour challenge and this time using stamps from the Musical Fanfare and Swirly Pets.  I made the background with DI watered down and my card swished over the ink, added a frame around the card with a little charcoal pencil.. watched Lesley doing this on the CB shows on Hochanda, and them silver pen. A few sequins and that's it done. 
I'm getting a few of these 5x5 cards made up and boxed to give as a gift.

That's all from me today, it's nasty wet day, in fact the kind of day you just want to stay in and craft, or knit... unless of course you're going to see a new puppy, but I've done that, so I'm heading off to my craft room now.  
Enjoy your day and see you soon , and thanks so much for your visits,


I would like to enter my card into; http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/challenge-thirty.html

28 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

FAbulous KAte

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Kate, love the design. Rowan is a little cutie. I have 2 cats and love them to bits they are my babies.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Christine Harrop said...

Oops!Sorry, I pressed the button by accident! My dad had a golden cocker spaniel called Lady and she was such good company for him. And you are showing a lovely card today too. Glad you are finally starting to feel better!!
Hugs Christine xx

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Love those photos of your new wee addition to the family. So cute. Great card too Glad you are feeling somewhat better. xx

Barb said...

Hello Kate, that's good news that you are both feeling much better. What a little sweetheart Rowan. Damien and Moreen are going to have lots of fun with their two youngsters.

Your card is really pretty. Great stamps and I love the colour. What a lovely gift to give. Barbxx

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Oh thanks Kate for the link for the challenge you have entered. Looks great xx

Rita said...

Awww, I know you will be in your element Kate with this new Grand-Fur Baby. She is gorgeous. Glad you feel a bit better, I too feel more like myself today. Love your card the colours are so pretty. Enjoy your Evening. Hugs Rita xxx

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Kate, lovely soft colours and design.
Rowan looks adorable, I hope she helps to keep Milo occupied.
I'm glad to hear that you and Alistair are feeling much better.
Pauline
x

pam said...

Adorable puppy Kate! beautiful card, love the background and gorgeous stamping.
Pam x

Jennifer Johnston said...

This is so pretty Kate, loving the beautiful pastel colours. I do like the background stamps too. The new addition to your family is just so....sweet.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very prettily stamped card Kate, I love the delicate design.
Oh how gorgeous she is, I hope the pair of them don't get up to too much mischief together.
Lorraine

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Oh Rowan is a pretty wee lassie (well, not as in Lassie as that's a different dog entirely). She reminds me of Sue's (Olliesmam) Woody.
Gorgeous card too. Your swooshed backgrounds are always lovely and I like that charcoaled edging.
Best wishes.
Ang x

meg said...

So pleased to read that you are both feeling a lot better, lovely to see the new grandpet she looks a real beauty. Stunning card Kate, love the soft colours and beautiful musical stamp.
Hope the weather is not being too unkind high winds and bitterly cold here but no snow yet, Jim and the boys were heading to Glasgow to see Impractical jokers tonight if the weather gets any worse they will probably not go. Meg xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

A very pretty card Kate, lovely combination of stamps.
Rowan is such a little cutie and looks like she will be adored by everyone. Like you I have my feline friends, and love them to bits, I am a mad cat lady in the making!
Thanks so much for another entry into the Chocolate Baroque Chllenge, Good Luck! Judith xx

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card and oh goodness, the new addition to the family is sooo cute...cuddles from me.xxx{aNNie}

Diane said...

Hello Kate, glad you are feeling better. Rowan is just adorable and love the pictures. Wonderful card design and soft colors.

Hugs Diane

Valerija said...

Beautiful card and such a cute dog.
Valerija xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Kate and Oh my!!! Rowan reminds me of our Ollie when he was a puppy:)))) such an adorable doggie he is lol lots of huggles Sue xxx

Unknown said...

Oh wow that's fabulous! It looks like the guitar is in the distance! And aww Rowan is adorable!!
Lucy x

Pamellia said...

Such a beautiful card Kate, love all the musical imagery. Have to say though, that I am distracted by that adorable new family member! Rowan is such a doll, I want to give her a big hug!! have a great day Kate!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card and adorable pup ! xx

rachel said...

gorgeous card Kate but oh my - that puppy is just so adorable - I keep wondering whether I could give a dog a good home ... food for thought but you can imagine what pictures like that do for me! Big hugs rachel x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate, lovely stamp and the inky background looks great
Lorraine x

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Kate, that background is beautiful and I love that stamp! Beautiful pupster too
Claire xx

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful cards Kate. Pleased to here you are both feeling much better. What about Rowan then!!! Will Damian and Moreen have any furniture left!! he he! Lovely companion for Milo.
Take care, hugs Flo xx

Sue said...

Beautiful card, Kate. Loving the soft colors and the different elements you used to create your card. Puppy is adorable, but then aren't all puppies!
Good that all the pets are getting along, and that no one seems jealous.

Hugs
Sue

Karen Petitt said...

This is gorgeous on so many levels Kate, the colours, the stamping, everything, love it!
The new puppy is beautiful too, they are so sweet and cute at that age xx

annewaller said...

Another stunning card Kate. Good luck with the Chocolate Baroque Challenge x