Wednesday 8 March 2017

A Highland Scene!

Good Morning from a very wet one minute, sunny the next Inverness. Boy when the rain starts it's coming down in lumps. No one in this house wants to go out in it, Teallach is snuggled up in his chair, Alistair is at his computer composing a new story and me... well I'm typing this post, after which I will be giving my nails a home manicure ready to go out this evening to our little craft group Christmas night out, a little late, but it it took until now for everyone to be able to agree a date. So looking forward to that and perhaps it will be all rained out.

Thank you all so much for you comments on my last card you are all very kind and for a new visitor,
Dortesjs, thank you so much for your visit and comment and I'll be visiting you shortly.
I'm pleased you enjoyed the photos and yes I consider myself indeed very fortunate living where I do and wouldn't swap it for all the tea in China. I always feel when the sun is shining Scotland is beautiful, but wild rain makes it dramatic, especially Glen Coe, if you ever get the chance to go through the Glen I'm sure you would agree.  We have so many wonderful places of beauty the length and breadth of these Islands, but not the greatest of weather and warmth. Anyway on to my card;
I fell in love with this Hobby Art stamp set, and although Highland cattle are all over, I thought this little scene looks like the Highlands of Scotland. Coloured with SN pencils and DI for the sky, I used an aperture card and set the scene behind it and framed it with a Tonic die and some lovely Thistles.
An XCut sentiment die and a few sequins
This is the inside. I love the image of this beautiful cow, and Hobby Art stamps are fabulous to work with. I've edged the card with coloured charcoal to give it a frame. I hope you like it.

I almost forgot my big news of the week.... on Monday 6th March I officially became an OAP, yep that's right I can now expect to collect my" huge" state pension that I've paid into along with millions of others for 42 working years. HUGE LOL!!  I was made redundant around 18 months ago but as I was well over 60 there was no way on earth I was doing any more labour, considered I'd done my bit and earned some peace from both mental and physical stress.  So I'm just delighted and count myself lucky that I am of a generation that still is able to stop work and get something back.

I hope you are all well, but if not will feel better soon, have a good day whatever you are doing and see you soon. Take care of yourselves,
I'd like to enter my card into ;
http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/march-close-to-nature.html

31 comments:

dutchess said...

It's a really lovely image Kate,and I especially like the way you have framed it with that beautiful die cut ...super card xxxx



Flo Langley said...

Beautiful scenic card Kate. Lovely framing. Enjoy your Christmas festivities ;)
Hugs Flo x

Valerija said...

Really lovely card. I like the image and great framing.
Valerija xx

Rita said...

Hi Kate. Still sunny here but a tad windy today. Love Highland cattle. They are so placid. Your card really is. Beautiful and as you know already how much I Adore Scotland too. Enjoy your night out tonight. I'm off to have a play in my craft room. Hugs Rita xxxx

Mac Mable said...

Enjoyed reading your post. Yes I agree and know all about the weather in Scotland x Happy belated birthday for the 6th March and your special 'one'. Perfect card today and of course love the highland cow..I always call them the toffee cow from the toffee wrappers x Hope your craft group went well and it wasn't rained out x

Christine Harrop said...

Fabulous image Kate. I adore Highland cattle. I would never have thought that beautifully ornate frame would work so well with the image but it it looks fantastic. Enjoy your night out. Hugs Christine xx

meg said...

Fantastic colouring on your image Kate,it's a beautiful card, congratulations on receiving your state pension, I lost out on the phased in years, so will be 66 before I get mine.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a super and gorgeous card.
I love that aperture amd the wonerful design.
Your colouring of that stamped image is super and very wonderful.
I love the wonderful way you have coloured the highland cow.
Was it your Birthday on the 6th if it was Happy belated Birthday.
I turn 68 tomorrow oooo! scary.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Kate, a fabulous image and lovely scene - a super card.
I hope you enjoyed your Christmas night out.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous scenic card Kate, a fab image and colours.
Lorraine x

pam said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kate, hope you had a wonderful day!.
Your card is beautiful, love your stamping and aperture window.
Hugs Pam x

Barb said...

So I'm guessing it was you birthday Kate. Belated Birthday Wishes! That really is a lovely stamp and you card is a beauty. Barbxx

Jennifer Johnston said...

Two fabulous cards Kate, such a great use of the stamps. I adore Highland cattle , I love that dishevelled look lol! a little bit scary though when our car was surrounded by them at Plockton a few years ago lol!! Hope you're having a good week.
Love Jennifer xx

aussie aNNie said...

How lovely. Great frame Kath, looking good.xx ♥ ♥[aNNie]

Linda Simpson said...

These are beautiful, love the image and how you have showcased it in different ways.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cheryl said...

These are beautiful images hun great cards you have made love cheryl x and congratulations on getting your state pension hun love Cheryl xxxx

Sally H said...

A Stunning card and a great entry for our close to nature challenge at Stamping Sensations, Kate. You know I love that stamp set too! Thanks for joining us this month and good luck. Also a great big happy birthday to you. I hope the celebrations are lasting all week! Thanks for the book recommendation. I will be putting those on my wish list

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Super aperture card Kate, the image is great.

Lots of belated Birthday Wishes from Sweden :)

Love and hugs
Maarit

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is gorgeous and beautifully coloured, love it. Marlene

Dortesjs said...

Fantastic colouring on your image, love highland cows although we dont have many of them in denmark, sadly. great card :O)

rachel said...

Your card is a stunner Kate - absolutely beautiful! I also hope you have had a great night out! Hugs rachel x

Dora said...

I love the scene. Beautiful image and card.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Your cards are lovely scenes. And you are lucky to live in Scotland (my husband was born there, I've been several times, loved it). thanks for your kind words at my blog, xx

Mrs A. said...

I love your scenic card. That image really is magnificent and coloured so well too. Congratulations on your official retirement. Now don't go blowing all your first months money on crafting items will you!!Lol.
Hugs Mrs A.

scrappymo! said...

Congrats on being an OAP. it is nice to have your years of work recognized with your new pension.
I am in love with this stamp. I saw many of these cows when I was over last...and also the black cows that have a belly bad of white or sort of look half of each colour.
This is a fabulous card. Have not been to the Highlands but will take your word is tlooks like that. We are hoping to go over again maybe in Aug or Sep. and plan to visit Scotland too, this trip!

Marlies said...

A beautiful scenery card! A lovely design with the diecute frame and great colouring. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

Diane said...

Beautiful scenic card and framing Kate. Your soggy weather sounds just like mine.

Hugs Diane

MaryH said...

This has been a most versatile set of images in your hands! I love your idea of the aperture framed as you've done it, to show off this shaggy creature. He looks very fierce too. Your scene is so dramatic, love the tufts of grass as he surveys his kingdom. Have fun at your party tonight. I'd love to visit Scotland!! TFS & Hugs

Sue said...

LOVE this card. Kate, what a wonderful scene you created with your coloring. And I like how you put it on the inside of the card with the beautiful die on the outside to frame it. Awesome make.

Congrats on being able to collect your pension. I am 8 years out from full time work, and 5 years out from part time work, and the only thing I miss is the pay check!!

Hugs
Sue

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Fab card. Love how you have framed the aperture. Your Highland Coo is a beautifully coloured beast.
I think I'll have to go to about 70 before I can claim my pension. They keep moving the beggar away from me!
Enjoy the extra pennies...... Chocolate Baroque sales team beware lol!
Ang x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

wonderful indeedy Kate, love the highland cattle with their gorgeous rich coats, think you've made an especially Scottish card with the thistle as well..
Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}