Thursday 30 March 2017

Breath of Spring!

Hello to You All, I do hope that things are tickity boo for everyone, it seems an age since I last posted, so if you're not so good I hope that you feel better soon.

We have been away for a few days at our friends who live in Gairloch and the weather was fabulous, and of course their B&B looks on to the sea, so it was just magical. It's been quite a while since we visited, so there was much to catch up on and Graeme and Alistair had a couple of good walks, whilst Isabelle and I talked the hind legs off a donkey, as the saying goes.

I've not managed to do much commenting I'm afraid, but I have seen many fabulous creations on my reading list, so please forgive if I've not popped in to see you.

We also went to the theatre to see a troop of Japanese drummers last night and my goodness, what energy and stamina they had to beat these drums, some of which were huge. It was a terrific show and my hands were aching with the clapping, and the audience gave two standing ovations, a fabulous night out and to think we almost missed it. Alistair bought the tickets a couple of months ago and even although both of us had put it in our diaries, we forgot all about it. Alistair happened to be cleaning out his drawers.....Mrs. Duck please don't go there..., and discovered the tickets, luckily in time to get to the show.

Anyway my card today is for the Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge;

The background paper is one that Lesley from CB created a while back and I thought the colours were just perfect.
The image is from Breath of Spring stamp set and I've heat embossed it in white powder and coloured  with Derwent Coloursoft pencils. It's been stamped on to a background made with DI, and the flourish stamp and sentiment is from the same stamp set. I've added a few sequins and pearls to finish.
Once again the photo is not great, sorry about that.

Thank you all so much for your very kind comments on my last card, very much appreciated.

Here is where we were;
If you click to enlarge the photo you will see the Torridon Mountains to the left and straight ahead are the Cuillin Mountains of Skye, what a wonderful place to live. Just behind the hill are the Islands of Harris and Lewis, which obviously can't be seen because of the hill.


This s An Teallach with a bit of snow, passed this on our way to Gairloch, and it's the mountain my beautiful cat is named after.

So, that's it for now, it's been a quick week, and I'm still trying to catch up after having been away.
Take care and see you soon,
I would like to enter into the;http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/challenge-thirty-three.html




27 comments:

Valerija said...

This is so beautiful. I love the colours.
Valerija xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate, love the colours.
Your photo's are fab too, what beautiful scenery.
Lorraine x

Jennifer Johnston said...

This is so pretty Kate, loving the colour combination. The addition of the sequins just adds that extra little something.
Thanks for sharing your photos, such beautiful scenery. We have stayed in Torridon and been to the beautiful Isle of Sky, just love that area.

Hugs Jennifer xx.

Zoe Tant said...

Love the card Kate so pretty and uses the colour challenge really well. I adore your photos what fabulous views. Zx

Christine Harrop said...

Very pretty card Kate. Thank goodness Alistair found the tickets in the nick of time. John enjoyed seeing your great photographs and reminiscing over which ones he had climbed. Hope you are well. Hugs Christine xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, lovely papers and pretty stamp.
It sounds like you had a lovely break, super photographs - wonderful scenery.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

pam said...

Beautiful card Kate, gorgeous stamp and background.
My those photos are gorgeous, what a beautiful place to be.
Hugs Pam x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Now, I don't know what you are incinerating but I'm not au fait with what Mr Currie stashes in his drawers. I can only think they must be large ones to have had these tickets hidden within lol!
Your card is gorgeous as are your scenic shots. Glad you had a great break in such a lovely spot.
Catch up soon.
Ang x

meg said...

Stunning card Kate, love the colours and lay out. Beautiful photographs it's a long time since I visited Gairloch but it's even more beautiful than I remember

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful card. Lovely pics, looks like a beautiful place

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Wow wonderful photos of those mountains. Looks a bit brrr though with that snow.

Fanatic card just right for the challenge. Thank you for your visits to my blog it is much appreciated.

xxx

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is a gorgeous card, I love the colours and design. Marlene

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card Kate, and I just adore your pics, so peaceful and country. Have a good weekend. ♥[aNNie]
x

Sandy said...

So happy that you had a terrific time - I have seen some Japanese Drummers in Orlando and they are fabulous. WE were away for two weeks in Spain and I don't think I will ever catch up with the posting I missed.
Pretty card Kate -bravo for coming home and getting right to it!
Sandy xx

Barb said...

It sounds as if you had a wonderful time away with your friends Kate. Your card is lovely. I also think the backing paper is very pretty. I really enjoy watching Lesley on Hochanda. She's full of good ideas and alsways so cheery. Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Kate, love the beautiful image and added sequins. Looks like you had a wonderful time away. Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
oh your time away sounds lovely.
Your card is very gorgeous and beautifully created.
Love the wonderful background, and that very super stamped image.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Mrs A. said...

So pretty. I love the colours and feel I could just blow on the flower and it will disappear. The show sounds great. Glad you had a nice time away. Hugs Mrs A.

rachel said...

Such a beautiful card kate. I adore tis image. It is one i don't have and i need to remedy that! Looks like you had a fab time. We are enjoying ourselves here in nz. Me and the girls went seal kayaking yesterday in the sea around kaikoura. We managed to see three nz fur seals playing about in the water. There were hundreds up on the rocks but the swimmers were few and far between!!! A great experience! Big huggles rachel xxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Kate and so glad you found the tickets LOL I did chuckle at where hahaha! We have seen the drummers when we were on holiday in Orlando aren't they fabulous!!! so glad you had a great time while you were away and views are amazing..take care huggles Sue xxx

Mac Mable said...

So enjoyed reading your post and about your visit away and the drummers. Great photos too Kate...as I am typing I am looking over to Arran and the sky is bright and clear and I shall be making the most of it very shortly. Gorgeous colours on your card and the white embossing works really well x

Pat said...

This is a nice large CB image and very pretty, and I love that background paper which was made for it. I have saved a few of these too. I also love those gems you have covered the flower with and the pretty corners to frame it. Really lovely photos too Kate, and the weather looks perfect, glad you enjoyed catching up with your friends. x

Sue said...

Pretty colors, and love the way you added the sequins. What gorgeous pictures, thanks for sharing them.

Hugs
Sue

Zoe said...

Such a pretty card Kate, thank you for joining in Chocolate Baroque colour challenge, good luck, Zoe DT member xxx

judith@poppy cottage said...

A super card Kate, great use of the challenge colours. Thanks for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx

Claire said...

Beautiful card, I love that stamp and you've set it off to perfection! Thanks so much for joining us at Chocolate Baroque Challenge this time
Claire xx

annewaller said...

Gorgeous card Kate, brill colouring and stamping. Good luck with the Chocolate Baroque Challenge x.