Friday 3 March 2017

My New Stash and a Study in Green!

Hello to Everyone, I hope you are all well and getting ready for another weekend.

Well, what a day I had yesterday, it started at 2.30 in the wee small hours when I wakened and couldn't get back to sleep, but dropped off at 4.30 which wasn't good as I needed to be up and about by at least 5.50 to get ready to catch my bus to take me to Glasgow for the craft show. With a thumping headache and a couple of painkillers, I got myself together and Alistair drove me down to the bus station to catch the 6.50 bus.

I had decided as it was so early, to take my insulin and eat a bacon butty en route around 8o'clock, unfortunately, to avoid the major road works on the A9 the bus driver decided to go a different route which entailed a roller coaster of a road, result... travel sickness!! and worse no toilet on the bus.Boy was I stressed out!! I've been up and down to central Scotland so often in my 26 years of living in the Highlands and never experienced this, but then it's always been on the main road.  Scrabbling in my bag I luckily found a carrier bag, just in case. I kept keeping deep breaths trying to calm myself, the bus was so hot which didn't help me. I managed to not let myself be sick and reached Glasgow, but felt awful for most of the day.  It was so good to get off the bus and into some fresh air, which really helped to revive me.

I met up with Rita.. some of you may know her and visit her lovely blog at the show and spend a good few hours in her lovely company.  We headed for the Imagination Crafts stand and spent our pennies.. well pounds actually, and had a lovely chat with Sue whose company it is.

The show was a bit disappointing this time around as there were quite a few of the companies I'm interested in were not there, so I did not spend all that much, but was satisfied with what I did buy, and here is my new stash;

Lots of lovely new stencils and three pots of Sparkle Medium amongst the haul.

Apart from the poor start to the day, it was just lovely to meet up with Rita again and I'm pleased to say that the bus journey back home was much better, but what a long day it was and without much sleep I was done in. Alistair picked me up and I was back in the house by 9.30, tea and toast and bed. where thankfully I had a much better sleep. It's been a very quiet day today.

Now, after this long story, and well done if you've stuck with me this far cos I've got a card to share;
Using Baroque Meadow from Chocolate Baroque I embossed the image in Malachite Cosmic Shimmer EP. The background is different shades of DI and the sentiment is from the Breath of Spring stamp set again from CB, matted on the two different shades of green card, some Just Pearls to finish off my card.  I know it's self praise, but I think it's turned out well and I really like it.

I am loving all the new stamps from CB, so many possibilities for them and you can find them all 
here .

It's going to be another early night, so just before I go just want to say thank you for all the lovely comments on my last card, see you soon,
 




21 comments:

Viv said...

Lovely card Kate. I feel your pain with coach/bus trips - to be avoided at all costs! But at least you recovered in time to open your purse and treat yourself to all those lovely goodies!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Oh my, what a day you had you poor girl. Hope the tummy has settled. That's some haul you got there Mrs C. Look forward to seeing what you do with it all.
Your card is gorgeous. Love the colour you have done the background.
Hope you have a restful weekend.
Ang x

meg said...

Stunning card Kate what a beautiful background the greens are fantastic against the embossed stamp which looks as though it has a great shine. What a disaster your journey to Glasgow sounds, at least you found some goodies to buy, they'll keep you going for a while.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful card, love the zesty green colour. Sorry to hear you had a rather traumatic start to your day yesterday but it turned out well with the good company and a bit of retail therapy thrown in :)
Lorraine

rachel said...

So sorry to hear about your journey Kate and so glad that meeting Rita helped to make up for it. Your goodies look excellent and I look forward to seeing what you make with them. Love your card - its a stunning stamp! Hugs rachel x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, such a lovely silhouette and pretty background.
It sounds like you enjoyed your day, even though it started badly, your new stash looks fabulous, lots of super stencils - I will look forward to seeing what you create with it all.
Have a lovely weekend.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mrs A. said...

What a journey you had. Sounds like a nightmare. I don't travel well either so I felt every bump when reading your narrative. Glad you got back safely and can now take your time to recover. Gosh, your haul looks enticing. I have just won two baroque stamp sets in some candy I won and can't wait to ink them up and have a play. I love your card and the colour you have chosen for the background. Have a lovely quiet weekend. Hugs Mrs A.

Marlene Atkinson said...

What a day you've had, it was really busy on Tuesday when we re turned home. I am off my crutches now and walking quite well, I am back to driving just short journeys though. My mam's funeral went well no mishaps. We scattered her ashes on Saturday as relatives had to travel that day.
Lovely stash and a gorgeous card Kate, gorgeous colours. Marlene

Carol said...

Great card Kate, love the inky background.

Glad you and Rita enjoyed yesterday (after your awful journey) and so sorry I didn't make it...I was so disappointed (do have tiles in the porch now though!). Love your haul and look forward to seeing what you do with it all. Carol x

dutchess said...

A happy haul Kate lots of new things to play with despite the rotten journey....hope you are now recovered.Love the beautiful green to make your stamps pop....great card xxx

Barb said...

Your journey sounds like a nightmare Kate so glad to enjoy your time with Rita. You certainly went home with some lovely new goodies.

Your card is beautiful. Green is my favourite colour and I love your background. The stamp is a lovely one. Wishing you a peaceful weekend. Barbxx

pam said...

Poor you Kate, really feel for you on that horrible journey, glad you manage to enjoy your day, lovely goodies you have to play with.
Hugs Pam x

aussie aNNie said...

Sounds like a tough day you take care. I love your creation, gorgeous greens and your stash, wow they look fabulous...xx[aNNie]

Valerija said...

This is so beautiful! Love your green card.
Valerija xx

Flo Langley said...

Oh what a shame. Nice that you could meet up with Rita though and those stencils look great. Looking forward to seeing what you make with those. Beautiful card.
Stay warm and take care,
Flo xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oh Kate what a start to your day, poor you. Glad you enjoyed the show. Those stencils look fav and lovely card today too. I have stopped going to the NEC show, so expensive to get in and so many people not doing it now. Prefer the smaller shows like Ally Pally and Doncaster x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Your card is beautiful Kate and I really like your background. Your bus ride sounds like the ride from hell! I know what you mean about the shows, they do seem to be getting smaller all the time, it's such a shame as it's far more exciting for us crafters than buying things online. The stencils that you got look great, I'm really enjoying using stencils at the moment. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Rita said...

Hello sweet Kate, here I am last but not least to see your post. So glad you got settled down a bit after tea and a chat before we went into the show. Like you I was disappointed that a few of the regulars were missing this time round. I had a lazy day yesterday, but not before I had to attend an appointment with Andrew. Back to normal today though. Love your card using the CB stamps and the beautiful, colourful background that suits this card so well. All in All we had a happy day with Sue at Imaginations. I overspent again, but hey ho we will spring back. Hugs Rita xxxxx

Sue said...

Sorry to hear that you had such a difficult time yesterday Kate, I hope you are feeling much better now.
Your card is gorgeous, I love the design.
Sue xx

Mac Mable said...

Wow on your card...Great colour combination. The background turned out really well and enhances the very pretty stamping and embossing. Wow on your mammoth trip out too. Sounds a real adventure with some good parts and some not so good parts! Great stash you've bought. Sorry to hear the show was a let down this time. The Autumn one is better (I think) but even that one is not as good as it used to be x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
oh you poor thing that journey sounded horendous.
Wonderful crafty stash bought.
Your card is so wonderful and the colour is so very gorgeous, and wonderful stamping also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.