Sunday 5 March 2017

Quirky and Unusual Colours for the CCC!

Hello Everyone, I hope all is well with you and that your weather is much better than ours in Inverness, It's rained non stop  from throughout the night, a really horrible day. 
On a brighter note Alistair and I went to the Choral Society Coffee Morning, lovely home baking and Sheila our accompanist playing some lovely music, I even won a raffle prize. This is a twice a year event and it's a way of raising funds for the society and is always well attended. Speaking of fund raising, last week we handed over a cheque to the Chest Heart and Stroke association for £2800.00 from our Carothon event before Christmas, in actual fact we raised twice that amount and it gets divided between us and the charity, so well worth doing.

Now mentioning Christmas brings me nicely to the latest Christmas Card Club creations chosen this time by our lovely Zoe, and she wanted to see, Off the Wall, Quirky and unusual Colours, here is what I managed;
This is a Mo Manning image and I've coloured it with Derwent Coloursoft Pencils, Papers are from LOTV, loads of sparkle that of course doesn't show up.
Not sure where this images is from but I just love it, the expression on his face is one of pure pleasure of having a scarf to wear. Coloured again with the same pencils. Die cut with and XCut die. A little tree stamp dotted around on the background  and LOTV paper, loads of sparkle.
My ever beloved Snowmen, well these little guys look like a Snow Family, they are from Card-io, and background made with Ink Dusters and DI, the trees are from a freebie from Creative Stamping Magazine, loads of sparkle.

I hope these will do Zoe, thanks for the challenge, I enjoyed making them.

Do visit the other CCC ladies and see what they create there are always wonderful cards to view.
That's me for now, I hope you are enjoying your weekend whatever you're doing.
Thank you for your super comments on my last card, and your commiserations on my on my awful bus journey.

Take care and see you soon,




29 comments:

Valerija said...

Fabulous cards. I really love them all. Great job.
Valerija xx

Wendy L said...

Wonderful cards Kate, xxx

Christine Harrop said...

Three terrific cards. Love the images on one and two (the sparkle shows well on my brand new enormous monitor!!)and no thee is cute. We have exactly the same weather her. Lashing with raine, dark and miserable. Yuk. Hope youare both well. Hugs Christine xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Another great selection Kate, your Christmas pile must be quite large by now.
I love the image and sparkle on the first one.
Lorraine

Rita said...

Good Morning Kate, what fabulous cards you have created for this challenge. Love them all and the colouring is beautifully done too. Glad you enjoyed your Coffee morning and I am very impressed with the amount raised from your Carolthon. Support is everything to groups such as your Choral Society too. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

meg said...

All three are delightfully quirky Kate, the second one especially, 3 great makes

Zoe Tant said...

I do like them Kate they are all so different and full of fun. I'm pleased you enjoyed the challenge. I particularly like the little cat hanging from the tree. Good to see you had fun with Rita too! Happy Sunday Zx

dutchess said...

Such great individual cards Kate ...and yes off the wall.....made me laugh all three of them....started of a lovely day here this morning but its clouded over now and looks like rain,perfect for going back in the craft room...or knitting can't make my mind up.....enjoy the rest of the weekend xxxx

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Morning Kate, Just getting round to commenting on blogs. First thank you for your lovely thoughts and love over the last few days, re my Son.

Next what great wee cards, just love them all.

Pen x

aussie aNNie said...

Great display of Kate's wonders, love them all.xxx[aNNie]

Marlene Atkinson said...

Three gorgeous cards. Hope you are well. Marlene

Unknown said...

Aww these are all so pretty! Lovely cards!
Lucy x

Linda Simpson said...

These are all gorgeous Kate! I love the one with the kitty. I have received your thank you card and it is gorgeous! Thank you!
Hugs
Linda xxx

MaryH said...

Love those images, and also the background papers. Never saw a tree with a scarf before, so that made me smile! Also loved the Mo Manning design. However, since I love Snowies, this one grabbed my heart. Your background is fabulous. Great touch with the dusters to create that sunrise sky too. I think Zoe will love all of these! TFS & Hugs

Lorraine said...

Fabulous cards Kate
Lorraine x

Mrs A. said...

I just love the cat with the tree. such a fun image and beautifully coloured and love your choice of colours too. All fab cards but the cat is my favourite. Hugs Mrs A.

rachel said...

super cards Kate - all three of them and wow - what amazing fundraising you did - well done to all of you!!! Hugs rachel x

Carol said...

Three fabulously quirky cards Kate, love the image on the second one. Hope you've recovered from your trip to Glasgow. Carol x

cotnob said...

Fabulous cards Kate, great images - I especially like the first one, I can just see a cat doing that!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Tanya said...

Gorgeous cards Kate! I love the cat in the Christmas tree - we have some devilish little cats in our house so we only had a tiny tree on top of the fridge this past christmas hehe :)

Tanya xx

pam said...

Love your beautiful cards Kate, lovely images and colours.
What a fabulous amount you raised..
Pam x

cheryl said...

Gosh you have been busy hun these are all gorgeous beautiful creations hugs cheryl xxx

Mac Mable said...

Fun, quirky and fabulous cards. Congratulations on the magnificent fund raising too x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely fun cards.

Flo Langley said...

Congratulations on the fun raising. Wonderful job. Fabulous cards. Love them all. The cat swinging on the tree is such good fun.
Hugs Flo x

Sue said...

WOW, you have been busy. I clicked on the cards to see the sparkle, so pretty. Love them all, but snowmen steal my heart. Love the tree and the kitty too, such fun.

Wonderful news on the fundraising too.

Hugs
Sue

Barb said...

Congratulations to you all with your Christmas fund raiser. You,ve been busy with your cardmaking. They are lovely cards Kate. I particularly like the first one. What a fabulous image! Barbxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
What a busy girl you've been with this delightful trio. Particularly love the cat one, naturally lol!
That's an amazing amount to have raised for the Carolathon. Well done you and the rest of the choir.
Best wishes.
Ang x

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful cards, KAte. As you may have noticed, I am on a catch up of your blog.
I like all three of your cards today but the first steals the show for me cuz I had a wee chuckle. We used to have a cat who loved climbing the Xmas tree (don't all cats like to try it at least once)!