Monday 6 March 2017

Spring Bird Tulip!

Good Morning to Everyone, and welcome to my blog. Here we are at the beginning of another week, where did the last one go?? Anyway, I do hope all is well with you, but if not here is a virtual Hug and I hope you will feel better soon.

Thank you all for your visits and comments on my last selection of cards, you are very kind in your comments and I love reading them.

I'm back with another Chocolate Baroque creation for the Colour challenge;
Stamps from Spring Bird Tulip, coloured with Derwent Inkintense Pencils and Derwent Metallic pencil in Gold. Background is a selection of DI and using Lesley's block technique, adding some small stamps to the background. I cut out the tulips and mounted on to black card and cut around that. Added a few Just Pearls in Gold, and a little sentiment. The base card is not a DL in width, it's smaller, but don't know what it's called, and it is in a soft green shade, a packet of these were given to my by my friend Dale.


Friday was a glorious sunny day, and to clear away the cobwebs from my journey to Glasgow I went out walking with  Damian and the Pups, and boy was I walked. We went to Dores, about eight miles outside Inverness on the banks of Loch Ness. It's a favourite walk for them and the get to run mad and paddle in the water. Perhaps some of you have been here, the views are stunning, can't really capture it on a camera,  but I thought you might like to see the beauty that is the Highlands.


Milo loves wood as you know and he found this huge branch which he was not going to let go.

That's all from me today, it's quite a good morning so I'm off out for a stroll, have a good day and I'll see you soon,
I would like to enter my card into;
http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/challenge-thirty-two.html 



I would also like to enter my card into;
http://theflowerchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/the-flower-challenge-6-anything-goes.html

29 comments:

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful card Kate. Love how you have placed the black card behind the tulips. It gives a lovely drop shadow effect and makes them pop. Fabulous background. Super photos. What an amazing place to live. You must feel blessed.
Take care,
Flo xx

dutchess said...

Lovely colours and composition on your card Kate...a real spring feel to your card....love the photos such a lovely day to be out!....xxx

Sarn said...

Gorgeous inky card and lovely photos. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Rita said...

Beautiful card Kate. Spring flowers are beautiful at this time of year and your card has certainly picked this up. The colours are so pretty too. Love the amazing photos too. Off to my craft room now after completing my chores. Sun still shining here. Hugs Rita xxx

Sue said...

LOVE the colors on your card, Kate. Can't wait to see tulips blooming. WOW thanks for sharing the pictures, what beautiful scenery, and Milo is so cute with the branch in his mouth.

Hugs
Sue

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card Kate, love the colours and beautiful background.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous card, lovely inking and stamping and a beautiful design too. What a beautiful day you had there and looks like every one had fun too.
Lorraine

brenda said...

A gorgeous fresh and pretty card with the Cb image Kate.

B x

meg said...

Wonderful Spring colours and image Kate, great photos of Loch Ness and your son and dogs.

Valerija said...

This is just stunning!

cheryl said...

This is just gorgeous hun just lush hugs cheryl xxx

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Kate, beautiful tulips and lovely colours.
Fabulous photographs, the scenery is stunning - you must have had a lovely day.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Barb said...

Beautiful fresh spring colours on your lovely card Kate. Super photos. I enjoy seeing photos of the dogs. What a wonderful place for them to go playing. Barbxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
beautiful card and such beautiful colours too.
Love the wonderful tulips as well.
I must adnit the sceneery and scenes in the Highlands are so stunningly beautiful.
I just loved my visit there and the wonderful clear air and stunning sights.
The people there are so very friendly too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

pam said...

Beautiful spring colours on this wonderful card Kate.
What fantastic photos you have shared, beautiful place.
Pam x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Love the fresh Spring feel to this card Kate.
Fabulous colours too. Your photos are great,
such wonderful scenery.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Diane said...

Beautiful card Kate, what fabulous pictures and lovely place to walk.

Hugs Diane

aussie aNNie said...

STUNNING Kate, lovely use of the colours specified and love your beautiful stamp.xx[aNNie]

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous card Kate! I love the colour palette, so soft and inviting! The tulips are brilliant and match so well with the lovely damask pattern of the background!! What beautiful photos, wow, that panorama is breathtaking! Looks like a gorgeous spot for a sunny afternoon! hugs :)

Dortesjs said...

Very sweet dogs you have, great spring where you live, we have rain in denmark. Very sweet card to ;O))

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Kate: I love this beautiful card, the tulips are gorgeous in teal and your background just makes them stand out more.
Awesome color choices, fabulous design.
Thank you for playing along with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you join us again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.DT

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Beautiful card and fabulous background. Fingers crossed for you in the challenge.
That's some scenery you have there. Wonderful view.
Ah, wet dog! I don't miss that scent but they seem to love water except when it's a bath,lol!
Ang x

rachel said...

such beautiful colours on your card - I love it - the background is fabulous and I love those tulips too! Great pictures. Hugs rachel x

Anne said...

Beautiful card Kate, I like how you created the background too.
What a wonderful place for your walk - thanks for sharing :o)

Anne x

Mrs A. said...

That is a beautiful colour combination. I love your blue tulips. My dad used to grow black ones. Very striking. Hugs Mrs A.

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous card and gorgeous photos. i only know the Highlands from the tv show "Outlander" and fell in love with the actual highland scenery episodes. I know much was filmed in glasgow sound stages but they did venture north for certain scenes. Rent, I think, is one of them.
Hope to see it myself one day.

Claire said...

Beautiful card, the black border really makes the image pop. i always love slim cards and this is a real beauty. Milo looks like he's having a great time. My pups would love it there. Thanks so much for joining us at Chocolate Baroque Challenge this time
Claire xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Hi Kate, a very pretty card, fab background, and gorgeous colouring on the flowers. Thanks for your entry into the Chocolate Baeoque Challenge. The photos are fab, and you look as though you had a very enjoyable walk. The dogs were clearly in their element, Judith xx

annewaller said...

Another stunner Kate. Love the gorgeous pics of your walk too - what an amazing place. Good luck with the Chocolate Baroque Challenge x