Thursday 4 May 2017

Pretty Bird Cage!

Hello Blogging Friends and Visitors, I hope all is well with you, but sending kind thoughts that you will feel better soon.
Another lovely day here, perhaps a little cooler and a bit more breeze, but very pleasant.
I was at the hairdresser this morning, my hair really needed a trim, it's fairly grown over the months and wanted it tidied up for the holidays, then into town to pick up my medications and some last minute holiday necessities.  We are off to Madeira next week, it's amazing how all of a sudden it's almost upon us.

Thank you all so much for your kind comments on my last post, and Ang (Mrs.Duck) not I've not gone short, hair was in a French Braid, it was a style I used when my hair was really, really long a number of years ago.

Right now today's card and my second one for the CB Colour Challenge;
Using the beautiful Pretty Bird Cage stamp from Chocolate Baroque I coloured it up with Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolour Paints, I've kept a pretty simple design as I wanted the image to be the focal point of the card, I mounted the image on a teal card and used Derwent Inkintense pencils to make the strip of colours on the card, added a dragonfly gem. sequins and some gold pen to the centre of the flowers. The sentiment is from the same set of stamps.
I've had quite a break from Rowan and Milo, but going over to be with them today, I really miss them but Damian has been working from home quite a bit and of course there was the Bank holiday.  It being a lovely day we might get out in what's left of the garden.

Have a lovely day yourselves and see you soon,

 I would like to enter my card into the  http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/challenge-thirty-four.ht

24 comments:

dutchess said...

Really pretty Kate love that stamp...so versatile,and your colours are lovely and bright....
Bright and sunny here today if breezy..marvellous for drying all the paintwork that we have been washing down today,a bit late for a spring clean but it's looking so much better....in between glittering up poinsettias....
Hope you have a wonderful holiday it's so exciting going off...enjoy xxxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Kate, love the colours and the rainbow of gorgeous colours. The bird cages are beautiful too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Valerija said...

This card is so pretty! I love the colors you chose for it.
Valerija xx

meg said...

BEAUTIFULLY COLOURED IMAGE KATE, LOVE THE COLOURS FROM THE CHALLENGE THAT YOU USED AND YOUR CAS LAYOUT THE FOCAL POINT IS DEFINITELY THE STAMP. HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY

rachel said...

this is really pretty Kate - I love how you've used the colours. Wow I can't believe you're off on holidays so soon - have a wonderful time! Hugs rachel x

cotnob said...

This is so pretty Kate, a fabulous image and lovely colours.
Madeira will be lovely at this time of year, I hope you have a wonderful time.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful bird cage stamp and the prettiest of colours. Love the strip down the side and water colouring x Have a great holiday x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A very pretty card Kate and I love the addition of a little bling, lovely colouring too. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

MRS DUCK said...

Bonjour Kate
With Brexit, can you still refer to it as a French Braid?
I'd go with Highland Plait now if I were you lol!
You always do Choccy B proud, working magic with their stamps.
Good luck in the challenge.
Can't believe your holiday is almost here. Hope you have the silver boob tube,Capri pants and bikini packed.
Ang x

pam said...

Beautiful colours Kate on this lovely image, love the pop of red on those flowers.
Have a wonderful holiday.
Hugs Pam x

Pamellia said...

What a gorgeous summer card Kate! That image is so amazing, I love the bird cages and the pretty birdie sitting amid all the flowers, so uplifting! The colour palette is wonderful, lots of vibrancy and contrast! The bling is fantastic and I adore the little dragonfly in the top corner! Love it!!

So you mentioned you were going to try and get out in what's left of the garden... what happened to your garden? I've missed so many of your posts, so I apologize if I missed out on what may have happened. Hope everything is ok. sending hugs :)

aussie aNNie said...

A beautiful coloured stamp Kate, I am loving this one. It's a stamp I almost purchased but have the other similar. good luck in the challenge too...hugs.
Have a pleasant weekend.. ♥[aNNie]

Sandy said...

Beautifully made with such gorgeous colors. I know you will have a marvelous holiday!
Sandy xx

Cara said...

Your card is so pretty. Enjoy your holibobs if you don't post before you go. Cara x

Claire said...

Stunning card, gorgeous take on the challenge colours. I love that stamp and the coloured border looks fab. . A gorgeous interpretation of our colour palette. Thanks so much for joining us at Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge
Claire xx

Jennifer Johnston said...

A very pretty card Kate, such lovely summery colours and a beautiful
image. Hope you have a wonderful holiday Kate.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
playing catch up with my comments.
what a very lovely card and the stamped image is so beautiful.
Love the wonderful colours.
Have a wonderful holiday if you don't post again before you go.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue said...

Such a pretty card Kate! Hope you have a wonderful holiday Madeira sounds wonderful! take care huggles Sue xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Have a wonderful holiday Kate, hope it's warmer than here! Thanks for another fabulous entry into the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, your card is so cheery, a lovely bright card, with a fabulous CAS feel, Judith xx

Sue said...

The birdhouses and pretty birds are lovely, Kate. And the brightly colored strip on the card is a perfect touch to go with the image.

Hugs
Sue

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful card Kate. Hope you both have a lovely holiday in Madeira.
Take care,
Hugs Flo xx

Anne said...

Such a lovely bright card, that stamp is fab and you've coloured it beautifully. I love the little dragonfly as a finishing touch too.

Anne x

annewaller said...

WOW - another totally stunning card. Good luck with the Chocolate Baroque Challenge x.

Anet's Crafting said...

Kate your card is beautiful and I love your fabulous water colouring. Well done. Hugs Anet x