Tuesday 27 June 2017

Spring Fairy Plaque!

Hello to You All, I hope you are enjoying your day and that your weather is better than ours. I had to put socks on SOCKS!! it's almost the end of June, what's the weather playing at??? It's been dull too more like April  really.

Thank you for your visits and comments on my cards, you are all so kind and I do appreciate the time it takes going from blog to blog.

I've got an evening to myself as hubby is away to his little music group, so I'm going to indulge myself by watching Versailles on the iPlayer, it's the last one and I'm missing it already.
 However Outlander will be starting on channel 4more on Thursday, for those who like costume dramas, history and a gorgeous leading man gadding about in 17th century kilts. This is based on Diana Gabbledon's books which I read years ago, and she even came to Inverness to do a reading and it was a great night of questions about her books. Of course, much of the story in the first book takes place in and around Inverness at the time of the Battle of Culloden.... and I live just down the road from the battlefield, which is a favourite walk for us. We never see the ghosts of the defeated Highlanders though. Now I've already watched this series on Amazon Prime and can thoroughly recommend viewing.

Here is my project for today;

Another Fairy plaque using images from the Summer Fairy set of stamps,  from Chocolate Baroque, but I've used the Spring stamp from Breath of Spring set. The butterfly flourish is also CB. Imagination Crafts beautiful vine stencilled through with Starlight Paints which I've also used to paint the background on the MDF butterfly.
So I've only the very large and the smallest butterflies to decorate now, I've enjoyed doing them and these two are hanging in our bedroom.

Here are a couple of photos from Outlander, just to whet your appetite;


Jamie is just as good in breechies as a kilt.

That's me for tonight, take care and see you soon,



24 comments:

Diane said...

Outstanding plaque design Kate.

Hugs Diane

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Your mixed media pieces have been a triumph. Still haven't touched my butterfly but it wouldn't look as good as this.
Dull day here and torrential rain forecast overnight and tomorrow.
Not into costume dramas,though Colin Firth's wet shirted Mr Darcy could persuade me. I'm more of a Daniel Craig emerging from the ocean in budgie smugglers kinda gal lol!
On that note, enjoy your quiet night in.
Ang x

Mac Mable said...

So enjoyed reading your post...Yep Outlander looks great and Jamie too!!! Yes what is the weather doing?...hot water bottle last night, went to bed late but even so. Your butterfly plaque is fabulous and so very pretty. Loving the shine from the paints and the stencil work is gorgeous...as are the stamps x

cotnob said...

A beautiful butterfly plaque Kate, lovely colours and a pretty fairy - it looks as though it really shimmers in the light.
I hope you are enjoying your evening.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a beautiful plaque Kate, the shimmery paints look wonderful in the light.
Lorraine

Dortesjs said...

great plaque ;O)

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful butterfly plaque Kate. Love the scene you have created on it. I have just noticed Mrs Ducks comments above... I giggled out loud!! lol! I'm all for a Mr. Rochester character. Mysterious and brooding. Ooo! Maybe Jamie Bamber playing the part.
Take care,
Flo xx

Jennifer Johnston said...

Loving your beautiful butterfly plaque Kate. The images are lovely. I thought I recognised the leaf stencil lol! a very useful stencil, I use it quite a lot. Lovely colours too. Our weather has been much the same as yours, dull and drizzly! Bet you're pleased you made those socks lol!
Hugs Jennifer xx.

pam said...

Beautiful plaque Kate, we have really cold here too, tomorrow our weather is for rain all day, so no fishing for hubby.
Pam x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very pretty plaque. I have had aocks on today and long sleeves but the rain this afternoon was much needed, the gardens and grass are so dry. I am looking forward to Outlander, all set up to record. I did smile at your lost balloon comment

Rita said...

What a beautiful plaque Kate. I love the idea of fairies and butterflies playing together in the garden on a summers evening. Love the pretty colours too. Not been around for a while Kate as my Vertigo has been really bad for a month now and my focus is awful to say the least. Hugs Rita xxxx

aussie aNNie said...

Outlander is one fab series, we love it.
Gorgeous plaque Kate, so pretty and the colours too are gorgeous.xx
.♥
[aNNie]

meg said...

Stunning work on the plaque Kate, the paint shimmer looks fantastic.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
beautiful plague and such a very pretty and gorgeous design.
Love the wonderful sparkle and colours.
Thank you for the info about Outlander I was wondering when it was on after your comment on my blog.
Shall look forwrd to Thursday that's for sure.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Barb said...

A really beautiful plaque and I love the shimmer. I'm sure you enjoyed your evening with Jamie. Isn't he the most beautiful man! My hubby has read the books and bought the DVDs. We have been watching an episode each evening for the past few weeks. Barbxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Kate, love the design and sweet fairy.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Joe Arch said...

He sure is sexy Kate -- I will see if we can get it here. Did I tell you that I am learning to knit!!!!!
We have been gone for almost 3 weeks so I am really behind in commenting and it looks like it will stay that way too!!
I think I want to start a fairy art journal -- that would be neat.
Your mixed media art butterfly wall hangings are lovely - love the greenery on the left hand side too!
Sandy xx

Cara said...

I did laugh at your sock comment, especially as I glanced down at my feet ensconced in thermal socks! This butterfly piece is gorgeous, so many yummy details on it, I had to zoom in to have a proper nosey x

rachel said...

a gorgeous plaque Kate - its really lovely - and thanks for writing about Outlander - looks fabulous - will need to try and watch! Hugs Rachel x

Mia said...

I love your plaque Kate!!! So pretty!

May said...

Gorgeous plaque stunning use of stamps the colours are so perfect... I must catch up on Outlander I do have it all recorded... thinking retirement I could catch up but we are busy decorating... it's like the fourth bridge it never ends... Have a happy safe week ahead... May x

Darnell said...

What was it you made again, Kate?! You can't end your post with a coupla hunka-hunka-burning-love photos like these and expect your friends to keep the plot of your plaque!! Having scrolled back for a second look, oh, yes, it is a simply delightful fairy scene so beautiful on the wall!! (Maybe I need to scroll back up for a third look - erm, I mean at your pretty plaque, of course!!) Hugs, Darnell

Mrs A. said...

Now this is spooky as The doc this very evening was telling me about a new series set in Scotland all about time travel and called Outlanders. TV is set to record all 15 episodes!! Love your butterfly plaque. The colours are so pretty. I very nearly decorated a really large butterfly plaque for the new butterfly challenge but then decided to re do my door hanger instead. Hugs Mrs A.

Anet's Crafting said...

Your butterfly project is just fabulous Kate. Love all the pretty details. Hugs Anet x