Monday 4 December 2017

Snowpeople!

Hello Everyone, start of another week, where do the go to!
I hope you are well, but if not sending out kind thoughts and hugs.

We are all well and dandy up here, and I am looking forward to a visit to Glasgow later in the week when a meet up with my lovely blog friend Rita is on the cards. I decided to stay overnight and not rush, so of course Alistair included himself on the days out. He will do his own thing though and we will also meet up with his brother and niece in the evening. I've not seen Karen for years and she is now in her early twenties, time has sped by there too.
It will be lovely to catch up with Rita and have a nice lunch, she has booked an Italian restaurant so we will be nice and stuffed when we hit the shops.

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments on my Santa cards, you are so kind.

I've got a little Snowpeople  card today;
This is one of the new images from Crafty Individuals, isn't it lovely,  I've coloured it with a mixture of  Derwent  Inkintense Pencils and Sakura pens. I've added some snow  and glitter to the Snowpeople. The background paper is also from Crafty Individuals and the sentiment is a Chocolate Baroque one. 
I must have more that enough Christmas cards made now, but I do so enjoy making them and I've so many new stamps on my desk, I feel the need to keep going with the Christmas images, they will always do for next year.

Alistair is having a fiddle practice just now, and I can hear the thumping of the foot, the fiddle is one thing the thumping quite another.  Did I mention that he is part of a concert in a week or so. His teacher has all sorts of students of varying abilities,learning and ages they are holding a concert. Well of course I'll be going, Alistair is quite nervous having never done anything like it before. It could be a mini Blazing Fiddles.

Well that's me for now, off to make mushroom soup for tonight. I'm a bit behind with my commenting, but I'll get around to you soon, take care everyone and see you soon,


30 comments:

meg said...

Love your snowmen Kate, a smashing image with great colouring, I hope you enjoy your days in Glasgow and Alistair's concert. Heartfelt thanks for your kind words. Megxx

Unknown said...

Lovely card, great image and sentiment
Hugs Kaz x

brenda said...

What a happy family of snowmen Kate and I can just imagine the lovely sparkle close up. See you next week, all going to plan.

B x

Jo said...

Lovely card Kate, that's a great image......and very sparkly too! Sounds like you have a busy time ahead......have fun! x

Dortesjs said...

awww how cool is this LOVE your little snow family great image love this card
do have a great week..soon it will be christmas yahhhhhh...

MaryH said...

This is a delightful family of Snowies, and your pencil coloring is lovely. Love the way you've turned this cute image into such a pretty card. Yay for you & Rita meeting up with a delicious lunch and some quality craft shopping time. Hugs to you both...should be loads of fun, when 2 talented card makers go for a shopping outing! TFS & Have fun.

Sandy said...

There is no people like snow people that melt when it gets hot. Nothing beats that special feeling like when you are playing in the snow!
Love your card!
I know you will have fun with Rita and I also know the restaurant will be very good!
Good for Alistair learning to play the fiddle. My grandfather played a fiddle.
Have a good week Sugar - it is almost Christmas!!
sandy xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Gorgeous card Kate. These little snow people really are cute aren’t they. I hope you enjoy your trip and catching up with the family. Raft hugs, Sandra x

scrappymo! said...

Have a wonderful trip to Glasgow. I hope to see it one day. Have been to Edinburough but have only seen Glasgow from the tv shows we watch!

Great card, Kate. Love those snow people!

Diane said...

Wonderful family of snowpeople Kate, your coloring and framing are wonderful.

Hugs Diane

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
such a very beautiful card and your snow people are so lovely.
Beautiful colouring.
Hope Alistair enjoys himself after his nerves.
I'm ssure he will.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cotnob said...

A lovely Christmas card Kate, such a fabulous image and great design.
Your trip to Glasgow sounds like it is going to be fun, I hope you have a lovely time.
I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

pam said...

Gorgeous card Kate.
Have a wonderful trip and catch up..dont spend to much lol.
Hugs Pam x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, you have colored so well the CI image, great work! Fab card, it looks very sweet!

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable and cute, lovely card Kate, I still love my snowmen stamp you sent me, need to ink it up again soon.xx[aNNie]🎄

Marlene Atkinson said...

Looks like a happy Family of Snowmen, love the design. Marlene

Wendy L said...

A lovely family of snowmen Kate, gorgeous card, xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A smashing card using this new image Kate. Hope you have a lovely trip too.
Lorraine

DIMI said...

Hello dear Kate!
What a happy family of Snownen!
It’s a lovely Christmas card with great image and beautiful colors!!
You are so talented!!
Have a happy week ahead!
Dimi... ❄️⛄️

Flo Langley said...

Fabulous card Kate. Hope you enjoyed the mushroom soup. Have a fun time with Rita. Wishing Alistair good look in the concert. Enjoy your new stamps.
Take care, Hugs Flo xx

Cara said...

This is just adorable and your snowmen are perfectly coloured. Enjoy your trip and catch up and good luck to Alistair x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Aw, love these snow people Kate, such delicate colours you have used, love them. Enjoy your trip to Glasgow.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I a, way behnd, been so busy sorting out my new storage. This is adorable. Hope you have a lovely trip

Pamellia said...

Wonderful card! I just adore your snowman family, so fun and festive! Great papers and the sentiment is a lovely contrast! I'm in the same boat, I have more than enough cards but I just can't stop making them! Christmas cards are so much fun and it puts me in the holiday spirit to work with all the festive elements!! hugs :)

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
You do love your snowmen don't you and I guess that you are building your own with all that snow you've got.
Enjoy your catch up with Rita and careful out and about in that horrible weather.
Ang x

Barb said...

It's a lovely card Kate. What a great snow family image! A beautiful snowy card and very topical! Barbxx

Sue said...

I love snowmen, and this card has quite a few of them, what a wonderful image. Love the card you created with it too.

Hugs
Sue

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a sweet collection of fun little snowmen...adorable card mf.
xx Karen

Anet's Crafting said...

Your Christmas card is beautiful Kate, love the cute snowman images and pretty layout. Hugs Anet x

rachel said...

Gorgeous card Kate - those snowpeople look fab! Hugs rachel x