Sunday 18 March 2018

Christmas Flowers for CCC!

Hello Everyone, another two weeks has flown by and here we are again to share our Christmas Card Club  cards. This time our lovely Rachel has chosen the theme and it's Christmas Flowers, lot's of scope there. Here is what I've come up with;
Christmas Roses, and which I discovered comes in all sorts of colours, I had always thought they were just white, so I used colour on mine. Watercolour paints and Sparkle Pens. The sentiment is by Chocolate Baroque, and the lovely little die the sentiment is stamped on to is one I bought in the Works and which cuts out  beautifully even although it was £3 for 4 in the set. The flowers are part of  a fabulous stamp set from Justinklined that I bought a few years ago, and comes with a lovely winter church scene. Embossed card base and a few pearls.

A lovely little stamp from Papermania for this card, again one I bought a few years ago, and this time they are painted with CE Christmas Colours paints which have Mica in them so gives a gorgeous sheen. Papermaina paper in the background ribbon and sequins to finish the job. Hope they will do Rachel, loved the challenge so thank you very much.

The concert I went to last night was just lovely. Held in one of our two Episcopal churches, a very old and very small church, which was all in candlelight and offered a beautiful atmosphere to the whole concert. The choir and in Russian and the piece of music was entirely unaccompanied.  Always very impressive that.

Thank you all so much for your well wishes for our friend Dougie. Alistair finally arrived home later that night as Dougie was being kept in hospital awaiting the results of a scan. Hubby just wanted to see him settled. The scan wasn't good news as indeed there was quite a bit of infection and the need for Dougie's wound to be opened. The big risk is if the infection reaches the metal that is now in his spine.  So we are keeping our fingers crossed that that has not happened.

Your comments about my poppy plaque was really appreciated, so thank you so much for that.
When looking at my blog page yesterday, I discovered that my title was Blue Poppy Plague and not plaque. I wonder if any of you marvellous folk noticed.....but too kind to mention. I did laugh at myself.

Anyway, I'm off to get read for my walk with Milo, Rowan and Damian, amidst the little snow flurries.

I hope you are having a lovely weekend whatever your'e doing,

31 comments:

dutchess said...

Lovely cards Kate....I didn’t know that about Christmas roses either....we have deep snow here today..it snowed all through the night and it’s really cold with a bitter wind ..so I am staying in and crafting ...enjoy your walk xxxx

Rita said...

Good afternoon my friend. I just love your cards Kate. I never knew that about Christmas roses either. They look beautiful in the colours you have chosen. Your second card is equally beautiful. Pity we don't have a Works here, but I think Ayr has one. Enjoy your walk today, it's a lovely sunny day here on the west coast. Hugs Rita xxxx

meg said...

Two beautiful cards Kate, love the colour you chose for the Christmas rose, so vibrant, the verse in the second is beautiful, my pesky dog had me up at 5am this morning, walked up our road in my dressing gown, scarf and gloves, beautiful and peaceful with the snow falling.

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous Kate, I love the designs on these. Christmas roses are gorgeous and love the verse.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Kate, sorry for your friend's problems, fingers crossed for his spine!
Your cards are both beautiful and love so much the first one with those purple Christmas roses!

Valerija said...

Such lovely cards. Love the colours and beautiful flowers.
Valerija xx

scrappymo! said...

Two pretty cards, Kate. The Christmas roses look lovely amd you have the perfect sentiment there. The wee branches of mistletoe peeking out from the roses and that sentiment...just perfect!

The second card is charming. The flowers on both your cards must have a lovely sparkle. ?i have not used my paints with mica in a long time. I must dig them out and have a go with them again as yours look so pretty.

The choir sounds fabulous to listen to in such a well prepared church. to have all in candlelight was a brilliant idea...it really must have set a lovely tone for the evening.

DIMI said...

Hello dear Kate!
Your cards are very beautiful!
Preety colors and lovely flowers!
Enjoy your day and your new week!
Dimi...

Mac Mable said...

Both such pretty cards, love the mica in the paints and didn't know Chrismtas roses came in different colours either. Thank you for the update on Dougie...sending well wishes x So glad the concert went well, sounds fabulous. Enjoy your walk with Milo, Rowan and Damian in between the flurries of snow. Nope didn't notice the 'Plague' on your post yesterday...honest! x

Marlene Atkinson said...

Two very pretty Christmas cards love the Christmas roses. Hope Dougie gets well and that the infection clears, he must be feeling very sore. Marlene

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Your roses look beautiful coloured as they are Kate, and they make a very beautiful frame around the Christmas sentiment. Two gorgeous cards for the theme this time.
Lorraine

rachel said...

Gorgeous card Kate - so very pretty! Love that sentiment too! Have to confess I missed that typo! Lol! Hugs rachel x

Cara said...

These are just gorgeous, love the colours. Sending lots of vibes for Dougie xxx

cotnob said...

Two pretty Christmas cards Kate, your Christmas roses are so pretty.
I hope your friend makes a speedy and full recovery.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Two beautiful Christmas cards Kate. Love the gorgeous Christmas roses and the mistletoe, such fab colours and a very pretty embossed background. Your second card is lovely, a simple layout but most effective. I do hope your friend Dougie is ok, sending him good wishes for a speedy recovery.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kate
Fabulous cards Kate...
Hope your friend goes on ok...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Unknown said...

Both stunning cards Kate, I love the purple roses. I didn't notice your typo, I was too busy drooling over the gorgeous poppies :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Jannet said...

A beautiful card Kate, I always thought Christmas roses were only white too, the one in our small garden is. You learn something new every day. I am sending my sincerest good wishes to your friend Dougie, I hope the infection clears up very quickly. Please let me know if Dougie likes receiving cards and I will make one for him. Xx

Mia said...

Gorgeous cards, Kate. I love the embossed paper on the first one and the beautiful paper background on the second. Pretty flowers to both your cards. Kisses, my friend.

Sue said...

Your wreath card is so pretty. Colors of the flowers just beautiful. And your pretty card with the red ribbon is lovely too. Prayers for your friend, sounds scary, hope things go his way and he heals from this.

Hugs
Sue

MaryH said...

YOur Christmas flowers are lovely with the colors you've used (and yes, I admired your water color skills tremendously!) The embossing ef looks so pretty with #1's floral arrangement as you've done it.I like the way you've created the wreath shape with the corner placement. #2 is bright & cheery with the touches of red, and the very subtle background of beige and white. Best wishes for your friend's rapid recovery & healing, and hope the condition does not worsen. So glad your concert was as wonderful as you'd anticipated. I did notice that you said Plague, but also thought it was a reference to your friend's illness, so didn't think too much otherwise! Glad to know it really should have been Placque! Easy mis-spoke! Brightens the day when we get a little smile over such. Take care, TFS &Hugs

aussie aNNie said...

Your water colour skills are amazing Kate, I just love this post and the colours used are extremely pretty.xx 💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

A beautiful Christmas card it is stunning it drew my eye in straight away xxx

Christine Harrop said...

two really lovely cards Kate and I like them both so couldn't choose which I prefer. Hope your friend makes good progress and that the antibiotics take effect quickly. Hugs Christine xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

just so lovely and sure will be most appreciated by the recipient.
xx Karen

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Kate, gorgeous cards! I see I wasn't the only one to be surprised by the colour range of the Christmas Roses! Love yours, so vibrant. i wasn't that brave! Hugs, Shaz XxX

Mrs A. said...

Your Christmas roses are lovely. I didn't know they came in different colours either. Glad you enjoyed your concert. Still loads of snow around. And it is really cold tonight. Hugs Mrs A.

Carol said...

These are so pretty Kate...gorgeous cards. I didn't realise Christmas roses came in different colours either. Carol x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
A fab festive duo and beautifully coloured.
Poor Dougie is going through the wars but I know with you and Alistair as friends, he will have some steadfast and caring support.
I didn't notice the title of plague but did in the post lol!!!
Best wishes.
Ang x

Barb said...

Two very beautiful cards Kate. I do hope you have had good news about your friend Dougie. Hugs, Barbxx

Anet's Crafting said...

Your Christmas cards are beautiful Kate. Hugs Anet x